1470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Idea for an app! Every hour it pops up a message that says “Time for a 5 minute break!”, and it won’t let you do anything for that 5 min. There would be a snooze button just in case you’re working with a client, but the next message would be a 10 min break. Kind of forces you to step back, get a drink and think about what your task is…

What do you think?

335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Tamixes says

Some workaholic will probably find a way to hack it and put it on ‘snooze’...

This year I’m making a commitment to myself to not spend sooo much time glued to the computer. It is a major challenge as I’m going through one of those ‘self-induced’ learning curves, trying hard to balance family and work.

I know I spend way to much time in front of the computer when I realize that my idea of ‘Free time’ is finding a hidden gem in photoshop or playing around with a digital painting app.

1093 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
lifwanian says

Idea for an app! Every hour it pops up a message that says “Time for a 5 minute break!”, and it won’t let you do anything for that 5 min. There would be a snooze button just in case you’re working with a client, but the next message would be a 10 min break. Kind of forces you to step back, get a drink and think about what your task is… What do you think?

Check out the JawBone UP. It’s a bracelet that does just that, along with a couple other cool features. And connects to your iPhone.

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Its all about how happy you are in life. Thats what matters. If money makes you happy, so be it.

147 posts Get in the spotlight
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FamousThemes says

Working more than 12-15 hours a days will make you after 5-10 years a zombie :)

I have worked in the last 5 years around 12 hours a day and my social life and health was going down, really down.

Now I work only 6-8 hour a days, with some pause time between.

From my experience, combining work with free time and social life can make you more productive and creative. That 6-8 hours can be productive as 12 hours if you know how to manage them. Also try not to work at night. A good sleep over the night will bring you a productive day after :)

Cheers.

56 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ClutchTrigger says

So…

I spend a lot of time on my computer, sometimes even surpassing that of even 15 hours daily. During the day I work on cars; fixing them, tuning them, upgrading them, weight reducing them, you name it, I do it on all kinds of cars and even motorcycles. But that is my actual job, now my hobby is my 3D modeling company. I have to stay online a long time maintaining the workflow of my 32 company members. Making sure they have work to be done, they are doing their part, and doing things right. Along with that, I also find them freelancing jobs online with countless AAA company clients I personally know.

But then there is my personal hobby, which is 3D modeling. My company consist of 3D modelers only and I am the main lead of the pack. I like creating 3D models for selling and things of that nature. If it isn’t for a client, it is for a store front. Regardless, I barley have time for anything, except when the weekend comes, I go clubbing. But at the same time if I was to also work on weekends, that is extra cash I get. The point is not overworking yourself, it’s loving what you do. Yes one can have a family and kids and whatever, but one has to face the facts that hey, this is what I do, this is my job, this is my life… I LOVE THIS .

I been told I work too much, and right now, I’m in a project with some company members of mine making an MMO game… So you can imagine how tiny my spare time even is. As I type this down, I have 3D Studio Max 2012×3 opened and making 3 car models, one in each opened application. I wish I can find people to help me at least with this simple MMO game my best friend is doing… But I know I can’t back down of it since practically the best they got, the best my company got, the best I got.. Is me.

1093 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
lifwanian says

^ Work hard. Play hard.

That’s awesome you work on cars too. I love working on my Subaru and then putting it on a race track!

301 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Reachground says

12-18 hours. Sounds about right. 12 hours work, 6 hours Battlefield 3. 6 hours sleep. No eat, toilet or shower. Especially no shower ;)

370 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
Mirtt says

But at the same time if I was to also work on weekends, that is extra cash I get. The point is not overworking yourself, it’s loving what you do. Yes one can have a family and kids and whatever, but one has to face the facts that hey, this is what I do, this is my job, this is my life… I LOVE THIS .

I am glad to hear that you love your work but don’t you consider your self a bit workaholic?

3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
bobocel says

Yeah, I’m also spending 12 to 15 hours during week days, and 5-6 hours in weekends. I guess this is how I manage to get more stuff done.

by
by
by
by
by
by