• Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Hey guys,

Please note the following rule clarification regarding submissions containing multiple files. This is to ensure the customer has all the information they need when they purchase your audio:

EDIT : We’re now going to apply this rule to the Logos & Idents categories too. :)

Music Category and Logos & Idents (Individual) Category

If you include multiple variations with your submission to the Music or Logos & Idents (Individual) Category:

• The length/duration you enter on the upload form should be the duration of the longest item, and not the combined total of all tracks.
  • Your description MUST list the name and length of each individual track. For example:

Track A: 1:04
    Track B (No Drums): 1:04
    Track C (Shorter Loop): 0:35

Music Packs, Sound Packs, and Logos & Idents (Packs) Category

The rule is slightly different for Music Packs, Sound Packs and Logos & Idents (Packs):

• The duration/length for Music Packs SHOULD be the combined total of all tracks included. So if you include 10×1:00 tracks, the total length/duration should say “10:00”.
  • Your description MUST list each item and the corresponding duration of each track. For example:

Track D: 3:32
    Track E: 4:01
    Track F: 2:56

IMPORTANT : If the length you enter is incorrect, we will change it for you. But if the description does not include the correct information, we will soft reject the item and ask you to fix it.

Many of you have already been doing this, but I wanted to reclarify this rule so that there is no future confusion for customers purchasing your audio. Thank you for understanding. :)

385 posts Professional music freelancer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Croatia
+3 more
leto says

Hi,

My Motivational Pack 2 is in the queue and for the first time I didn`t wright a duration for each song. Can I add it after you approve it or you will soft reject me?

385 posts Professional music freelancer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
+3 more
leto says

Never mind! My pack is approved :) Cheers!

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Japan
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
DanStewartSmith says

Thanks for your hard work AJ staff, Audio Jungle is a great portal and wonderful tool for musicians! However, I have to say that your rules are as clear as mud and really need improvement. I just had 10 packs rejected because they used segments of the same source file or used different lengths of the file suchas tails, tags, intros etc for radio. Why they don’t allow that I do not understand however here is what the rules say…. My friend who recommended AJ to me also said beware of the rules as they are very “difficult”. Here is what the rules say….

“Before You Create Your Pack: Please note that each music pack can only contain a maximum of 10 tracks. The total duration of all tracks must not exceed 30 minutes. You cannot use the same track across multiple packs. Once a track is used in a pack, it cannot be used in another pack. Your preview file must contain ALL tracks in their entirety and must also contain our watermark.”

Admin people, please could you add this to the rules so that other newbies don’t run into the same problems.

“Packs may NOT contain segments or varying durations of the same track”.

As I have now been told having uploaded umpteen different packs. This is what my reviewer said.

“Sorry Dan, but this submission does not qualify for the Music Pack Category.

A music pack contains different tracks, not one theme with various segments or versions.”

Does it say that anywhere in the rules at present? Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway I hope this is helpful to others.

Best,

Danny

Hey guys,

Please note the following rule clarification regarding submissions containing multiple files. This is to ensure the customer has all the information they need when they purchase your audio:

Music Category

If you include multiple variations with your submission to the Music Category:

• The length/duration you enter on the upload form should be the duration of the longest item, and not the combined total of all tracks.
  • Your description MUST list the name and length of each individual track. For example:

Track A: 1:04
    Track B (No Drums): 1:04
    Track C (Shorter Loop): 0:35

Music Packs

The rule is slightly different for Music Packs:

• The duration/length for Music Packs SHOULD be the combined total of all tracks included. So if you include 10×1:00 tracks, the total length/duration should say “10:00”.
  • Your description MUST list each item and the corresponding duration of each track. For example:

Track D: 3:32
    Track E: 4:01
    Track F: 2:56

IMPORTANT : If the length you enter is incorrect, we will change it for you. But if the description does not include the correct information, we will soft reject the item and ask you to fix it.

Many of you have already been doing this, but I wanted to reclarify this rule so that there is no future confusion for customers purchasing your audio. Thank you for understanding. :)
327 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
palmtreep says

Hey Scott, quick question. If I were to make another Trailer Ender pack, would I need to use the same temp as the Music Pack you listed above? Or can I use the basic Music Category version? Thanks! :P

327 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
palmtreep says

Dan,

If you upload a music track with different variations, you can add them all into the same zip and upload it to the Music category, for example:

Track A (Choir)
Track A (No Choir)
Track A (Drums)
Track A (Short)
ect…

A music pack would be something more like this:

Track A
Track B
Track C
ect…

Hope that made a little bit more sense to you :P

- DP

2576 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says
Thanks for your hard work AJ staff, Audio Jungle is a great portal and wonderful tool for musicians! However, I have to say that your rules are as clear as mud and really need improvement…

Admin people, please could you add this to the rules so that other newbies don’t run into the same problems.

Hey Danny,

Thank you for the feedback! I can assure you that we have very comprehensive upload instructions for all authors, particularly new authors! :) All the issues you referred to are mentioned in our upload instructions and in our wiki that all authors are supposed to read before uploading any content. I also recommend that new authors just upload one file when they first sign up just to understand our system better and to ensure neither the author’s time or the reviewers’ time is not wasted rejecting files that could otherwise be avoided.

I’m not sure they’re necessarily “strict”, but the tight rules we have in place help maintain integrity throughout our library of audio, keep the marketplace fair between authors (so no-one gains an unfair advantage), ensures your audio + titles + descriptions appear professional to customers, and we also try to make the process as easy as possible for both authors and our reviewers so we can proof your audio as quickly as possible.

Finally, as with most things “new”, I think it’s just a matter of getting used to the instructions/rules we have in place here on AudioJungle, they’re really not that difficult once you get the hang of it. :) Once you upload content to AudioJungle and your work gets approved, you will start to understand that it’s a pretty easy and straight forward process really – it’s probably just a little daunting at first because we have a set of instructions that need to be learned and understood. Invest a small amount of time reading the instructions and I think it will answer all the questions you asked. :)

For you and any other new authors out there, here’s what I recommend you read before submitting content to AudioJungle:

Music Upload Instructions

Music Pack Upload Instructions

Visual Guide to AudioJungle Uploads

Files We Do & Do Not Need

Hope this helps and good luck with your future submissions! :)

2576 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says
Hey Scott, quick question. If I were to make another Trailer Ender pack, would I need to use the same temp as the Music Pack you listed above? Or can I use the basic Music Category version? Thanks! :P

Hey Derek! As those Trailer Enders were submitted to the Logos & Idents category, you would just need to do what you did previously – make sure your description mentions that multiple versions are included and ensure the length/duration field matches just one of your items, not the combined total (seeing as they’re all the same length). :)

327 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
palmtreep says

Thanks Scott. I figured there wouldn’t be much of a problem with those, but I just wanted to make sure for future items :P Thanks again Scott! :)

2576 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Please note that this rule now applies to the Logos and Idents category too. I’m not sure why we didn’t do that in the first place, but it makes total sense for consistency + to avoid confusing the customer. :) I have updated the original post in this thread accordingly. Sorry for not doing this in the first place! :-o

by
by
by
by
by
by