176 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
An-Themes says

@Iman Of course not, we are here to have fun in the forums :D
Jokes apart, I love what I do, and I will do it for free too ( without customer support ). But to earn more money on making “lite” version of our themes I don’t think is a good option.

And I can assure you that you’ll not make more money, you’ll make less, just think about it, all authors, uploading lite versions, will be like 60 WordPress Themes approved every day for about two months or more, with that everything will change.

Right now will all are against this, I think, but I can assure you, if more authors will upload lite versions, those who were against, will do the same thing.

Cheers :)

1519 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Bedros says

:)

1748 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
FinalDestiny says

@Vlajki Come on… IMO What you said is not fair. If they are not answering this thread very fast, it doesn’t mean that they don’t care about it. This community is growing very fast and I strongly believe that Envato people are doing their best to make it better and better. If someone is trying to make more money with his pre-used work, it doesn’t mean that it’s Envato’s fault.

Just give more time and I’m sure they will make a decision for it.

Cheers,
Iman

If you watch closely at all the announcements, they just announced something and then boom, no reply. Or at most 1-2 replies. And maybe after 1-2 weeks. It’s not just this thread, it’s about most of them. I don’t want to release multiple versions of my themes, but if this will be the new trend, I’ll do it. One with WooCommerce, one with BuddyPress and I’ll find a couple more plugins. If that’s what they want, that’s what we’ll give them. And we’ll see how the new authors will have exposure and sales when the elite authors will release 3 versions of their items.

112 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Vlajki says

@Vlajki Come on… IMO What you said is not fair. If they are not answering this thread very fast, it doesn’t mean that they don’t care about it. This community is growing very fast and I strongly believe that Envato people are doing their best to make it better and better. If someone is trying to make more money with his pre-used work, it doesn’t mean that it’s Envato’s fault. Just give more time and I’m sure they will make a decision for it. Cheers,
Iman

How much time, 6 years (2020)? :P
Shopping cart, home page exposure, search system, etc (most of the complaints can be found here). But let’s stay on topic.

Right now will all are against this, I think, but I can assure you, if more authors will upload lite versions, those who were against, will do the same thing.

Cheers :)

Do you honestly think they will take down the theme that people are complaining about here? They won’t. And what are you gonna do, just go with the flow and let that happen, and don’t upload Lite themes yourself just because of the ethics?

176 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
An-Themes says

@Vlajki I haven’t said that, but I think if we do that we will have less sales, because will be a lot of “new” themes. Of course I don’t want to release multiple versions of my themes, but if this will be the new trend, I’ll do it with pleasure :D

1202 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
ImanGM says

@An-Themes: Actually I’m here a big 1% for fun and only 99% for money :D JK ;)

Yeah I completely agree with you. I’m 100% against this to let authors submit similar items by just removing a simple add_theme_support( 'woocommerce' ); code from the theme codes. (I think this is what happened last week).

As I said before, I believe this is a crime to buyers and Envato should make a decision for it.

@FinalDestiny I believe they are working so hard and managing/developing/improving this monster site is not that simple… But I would ask you to don’t even think about submitting these lite versions since this only will make unsatisfied customers and someday we will see this simple thing is hurting our community so bad.

@Vlajki Haha, not 2020, I think they will take care of it this week ;) And yes, Ethics is very important in a successful business.

5328 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

Hey guys. Jarel has already provided a response and you can see the published policy here. When Jarel says there will be ongoing discussions, it does not mean that they’ll be updating everything in the next two days. Please refer to the current policy as posted and if there are any more details or changes down the line, they will be published as well. Thanks!

1202 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
ImanGM says

Hi Travis,

Thank you for your response :)
It seems the item that is the subject of recent replies is not built for different and specific purposes such as eCommerce and both versions are simply multi-purpose themes.

I think this is why it’s making people worry about it and of course the future of marketplace if all authors start doing this.

From what I can understand by reading the policy, That item is not allowed to be submitted. But of course I’m not a native and maybe I’m wrong…

Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers,
Iman

2019 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to respond to this thread as quickly or as often as I’d have liked. As you can imagine I’ve been very busy working on various projects for ThemeForest and, most importantly, discussing the feedback everyone has provided here with the different teams. This tends to take a little time, thus the delay in followup to this thread.

I realize this policy comes as a surprise to some of you, although it has actually been in practice for some time now (though without official clarification or documentation). This is an area the team is working hard at improving (documenting and improving submission requirements, policies, etc).

Tomorrow morning I will be clarifying the concerns in this thread via a new thread where the discussion can more appropriately continue, which will be easier for me to compile and discuss with the team so we can make the necessary appropriate changes.

Thanks for understanding, everyone! :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by