486 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

I had an item up for sale for months and then a complaint about spacing issues on a contact form used on a page template not for a contact form (one was provided just for this) that was removed for sale quicker than this – I then had to wait 2 days to get the item back on sale.

:shocked:

this thread gives me goosebumps.

2282 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

All is good in the world – thanks to Scott for taking this matter up.

Jonathan

+8 more
jonathan01 says

I had an item up for sale for months and then a complaint about spacing issues on a contact form used on a page template not for a contact form (one was provided just for this) that was removed for sale quicker than this – I then had to wait 2 days to get the item back on sale.

:shocked:

this thread gives me goosebumps.

I have another great story – My very first item was bought and used by a new start-up that has now become quite large in the analytics field – my item was then removed when someone noticed that my design was the same as this new start-ups website and said I copied it.

Item was instantly removed from sale.

I then had to prove from my photoshop file date stamps and upload date to the marketplace that it was for sale before that company even had their website up and running – needless to say it took 5 days to get it back and a load of hassle – go figure!

Jonathan

486 posts
  • Located in Austria
+1 more
iHelp says

I have another great story – My very first item was bought and used by a new start-up that has now become quite large in the analytics field – my item was then removed when someone noticed that my design was the same as this new start-ups website and said I copied it.

Item was instantly removed from sale.

I then had to prove from my photoshop file date stamps and upload date to the marketplace that it was for sale before that company even had their website up and running – needless to say it took 5 days to get it back and a load of hassle – go figure!

Jonathan

What!

The arbitrariness of this incident is obnoxious. Envato seems more afraid of trouble from outside the marketplaces than they fear rebellion from their own people. Maybe that’s legit, maybe capriciousness, maybe it’s human faultiness –¬†whatever it is, it’s not a nice bed-time story which hopefully will not be told much more often.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

Here you go – I’ve since released over 70 items here on ThemeForest alone, never any other issues :)

486 posts
  • Located in Austria
+1 more
iHelp says

Here you go – I’ve since released over 70 items here on ThemeForest alone, never any other issues :)

Now that’s comforting! 73 items –¬†you’re a hard-working bee!

Cheers to many more :smitten:

58 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
maarcin says

I have to say this: it’s not even funny anymore.

508 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

I think buyers would be compelled to buy “Lite” themes, will get frustrated at how all the “expensive” themes are too much… a year or two later: Premium WordPress Themes for $20!

or..

Every “Lite” theme will essentially be a full featured theme, to try and redeem the lowered sales count in general.

A mess it grows.

200 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
GraphiTivity says

I think if the lite version is really a lite version say for example one parameter would be with some major performance tweaks so the load time is more than 50% to 100% faster than the fully loaded version it definitely should be allowed as some people would want to use the theme with just basic features.
Then the theme should be built well. SwiftIdeas latest theme is fully loaded with everything and it’s page speed is a high A (92%) – There is no excuse to create a “lite” version for more profit

Compared to a full version there are some advantages using a lite version for the end user and I still think a light version should be allowed but in the same package as the full version. If it is a different item then yes it is just duplication of the file for more profit.

72 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Ttpmc says

Hi,

are you sure this is not allowed? If you check this topis : http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/is-woocommerce-is-acceptable-/90765?page=2

Dzinc said:

Hi guys, thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delay. I’ve just spoken to the review team and the answer is yes, you can submit an existing theme as a new theme adapted to the e-commerce category.

If you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks!

So why is now not allowed? I didn’t see any note or new rules which will say that this is not allowed.

by
by
by
by
by
by