2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Philippines
Apathetic012 says

Can you please remove the iframe when viewing a live preview of a theme. It’s rather annoying that i’d have to remove the frame everytime I go see a live preview.

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
ryanmalin says

It’s even more annoying having to close two frames now that loads of authors are including a customised frame too :impatient: Just close the first one and then the 2nd one appears.

I doubt Envato or the authors will want the frames removed so it’ll need something like a greasemonkey script to automatically hide them :)

3468 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

@apathetic, I can see how it might be annoying. On the other hand, if it were removed, there would be no standard way to purchase the item from the demo. It’s both a standard practice across marketplaces like this and a necessity, for better or worse.

@ryanmalin, if an author’s item switcher bar links to the Envato bar when it’s closed, they’re doing it wrong :) Most authors have the close button on their custom toolbar go straight to the non-framed demo.

That being said, it’d be a nice-to-have option to allow a user to disable the iframe header I suppose. Unfortunately, I’m sure there are a lot more pressing issues in the queue to take care of first :)

by
by
by
by
by
by