9 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
larkje says

Hi, does the themes from themeforest supports localization? Are the .po (.mo) files for English/US shipped together with the theme files?

rgds, larkje

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

We personally use WPML – WORDPRESS MULTI LINGUAL PLUGIN , so the website can have multiple languages. So no messy .mo and .po files. Lots of the other users have panels in theme options that translate strings ( no multilanguage ) or .mo or .po files.

9 posts
larkje says

OK, thats good for the plain text… but I need to transelate all the English pretext (Posted, Search, by, on, at, etc…). Then i pob need the .po and .mo files..?

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
duotive says

With WPML you can translate any string in the theme. Like the read more buttons, the search text… any text that is outputted by the theme. This is the case for mine and i presume for a lot more users.

9 posts
larkje says

OK, thanks – I’ll will try the WPML in a more detailed way. I didn’t find where to translate the “fixed” text, only the variables…

thanks, again

larkje

415 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Portugal
unisphere says

Just like duotive I support WPML in my most recent theme but I also include MO and PO files for 6 languages, buyers appreciate it :)

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
duotive says

OK, thanks – I’ll will try the WPML in a more detailed way. I didn’t find where to translate the “fixed” text, only the variables…

thanks, again

larkje
Search for theme strings… it has that in one of the menus
9 posts
larkje says

Thanks a lot! The theme are now translated, did find the theme string… larkje

9 posts
larkje says

OK, back to WPML … Hi. I have struggled for several hours with WPML Plugin and it constantly change my default language from Norwegian to English. My WP installation is in English, with the nb_NO in the config file (Norwegian). Ones I install the WPML plugin, my site change from Norwegian to English. Even thought I change the default languge in WPML , still English is default.. I have tried every thing…. but the WPML plugin are not to be used. So, my question is:

I have made a locale .po file for the Corporate theme. Where do I place this file to make the theme have my locale language as default? When I placed the nb_NO.po file in /wp-content/themes/corporate/languages it dosen’t work. Do I need to create a .po or .pot file instead???

Appriciate your feedback

larkje

56 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
libra-online says

hi! if still needed, here is a post related to that, hope it helps: http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/how-to-make-a-translatable-wordpress-theme

by
by
by
by
by
by