318 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
Zino16000 says

I have no problem doing that if that’s the direction I get. I take no joy in locking threads, but I hope you understand the reasons why we have that forum rule.
I do understand but one thing I do not understand is: the rules were here a longtime ago but I have never seen a christmas celebration thread locked but the Eid celebration and that’s what made me wonder.
328 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CLINE123 says

You know, I was following that thread from the beginning and all it was just the community that it pertained to exchanging pleasantries and nothing else and it looked like those it didn’t concern simply stayed out. Why someone chose to make an issue is beyond me. There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

My apologies. I truly have nothing against the thread. It’s pretty clear that we need some more detail in our forum rules :)

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Threads like that have never been locked before….

I believe at one point a staff(or mod) said as long as they don’t start getting opinionated or go off topic and keep to well wishes and being positive they were okay

386 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Poland
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
DamianN says

Well it is kinda ok, you are just following the rules BUT please follow the same rules when it’s Christmas time too that’s all I’m asking and thank you.
And this is just the reason to lock any religious threads immediately… You’re not angry at the staff, but at Catholics…

I think the ‘Eid Mubarak’ thread was locked cuz Ramadan has ended a week ago… I don’t mind if any Christmas threads will be closed one week later…

And absolutelly +1 @up
3649 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I think the ‘Eid Mubarak’ thread was locked cuz Ramadan has ended a week ago… I don’t mind if any Christmas threads will be closed one week later…

As KingDog posted earlier in this thread, time wasn’t the issue. It’s the rule about political and religious content – he’s getting some clearification from the higher-ups on what to do with these kind of threads ;)

6765 posts
  • Italy
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

And this is just the reason to lock any religious threads immediately… You’re not angry at the staff, but at Catholics…

and some points for locking this thread also. :)

600 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

This thread will be locked soon, as its getting a little passionate over religious reasons and rulings.

436 posts Don't be a HATER!
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Won a Competition
webinpixels says

As KingDog posted earlier in this thread, time wasn’t the issue. It’s the rule about political and religious content – he’s getting some clearification from the higher-ups on what to do with these kind of threads ;)

Then he should not lock the thread until he got the right info about these kind of topic. Anyway you guys can read comment from Sid and Collis here http://videohive.net/forums/thread/ramadan-mubarak/48415?page=4

Thanks!

49 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
StormDesigns says

I dont see any anger toward Catholics, he just said: “don’t use double standards”.

“Anger” is reporting a thread where no one was violating the rules but they were only exchanging good wishes.

I agree with the mods who said that they’ll ban immediately political/religious troublemakers though ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by