1618 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

O my God :shocked: it’s a very bad news for me…. I think my items going to Recycle Bin….
Bro .. dont loss your confident … work a lot … then you got accepted… and that is good news for all of us and you too ….. :)
I don’t want to loss my confident brother. But they kick me :D again and again; so i still feeling little hopeless here. But i try to control everything. Thank you.

Read some tutorials, practice then practice some more! Always try to improve yourself, take me for example, I’m never satisfied with my work. Why? Because they can always be better!

Take a look at some various techniques and learn from one’s mistakes, best way to learn is to fail. Proven fact!

Good luck!! :)

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
janthemanson says

Sorry, but I don’t recieved any usable feedback at the last rejection. The answer that the reviewer himself is preparing a similar file was very annoying to me.

You got the rejection email wrong. ;)

The statement made by the reviewer was just a friendly note… no reason to feel annoyed about it.

About the item it is clear that it requires more work done as the final result looked unfinished and the examples provided are suppose to help you out and see how the authors have applied details and raised the quality of their files.

If you ever need more help from your reviewer just request more information about your rejection by sending a support ticket and your reviewer will get back to you. ;)

Maybe I’ve got this a little bit wrong, but I’ve send a reply to support@envato.com and got no ticket opened and no answer.

So I thought to post it here. I won’t made a big deal out of it. Rejected is the file anyways and I’ll work on it to improve it. But the items diplayed for help will not be my personal style and I think they aren’t detailed much more. But this I can’t evaluate cause I can’t have a look at the .psd’s. Maybe you can drop me a line with more details about it, I would apreciate this a lot! Thanks in advance.

9 posts
+2 more
janthemanson says

Sorry, but I don’t recieved any usable feedback at the last rejection. The answer that the reviewer himself is preparing a similar file was very annoying to me.
I think you misunderstood the note. I took a look at the note you got from the reviewer. First he tells you that your item requires a tune-up and then he links you to 5 files that are similar to yours in concept which have been accepted and one of those files is his own. I don’t see how this would imply that the reviewer is preparing a similar file.

This is a quote of the rejection:

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

You have got a good idea here… actually I am preparing a new turn table item soon.

The issue with your file is that unfortunately it requires a lot more work and tune-up.

There are no details shadows and clean elements.

Please take a look at these items to make an idea: ... etc.

If I got this in the first line I hope you can understand my point.

9 posts
+2 more
janthemanson says

if that is true, i am going to make big alarm on the board. On your place, i would just email/forward a copy of the reviewer feedback to the GR site manager (Amanda) and ask if she can clarify what this means.

Maybe I’ve got something wrong, I would keep to soft-pedal in this case. But thank you for your support.

9 posts
+2 more
janthemanson says

Moin Jan, that doesn’t sound like a good reason for the rejection. Good to see you’re from Hannover, I lived there for a while and liked it a lot! If you want to live in a crappy city, try Glasgow in Scotland. No proper beer gardens or anything…

:) It’s meant a little bit ironic. I’m quite happy living here. Other towns other problems I would say, but at least you can familarize with it to live anywhere. Was a rearrangement to move from Dresden to Hannover, but was a lot of years ago … :)

9 posts
+2 more
janthemanson says

You mean to say that was the reason given to you for rejection?

I got that so but maybe you can have a own look in a reply that I’ve posted before.

529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
AmandaHackwith says

Hi Janthemanson! If you’ve filed a support ticket about this issue, we will definitely look into it. I’d hope that it’d go without saying that, as an ethical matter, one of our reviewers ever should take their own projects into consideration and I’m sure the reviewer in question handled your file without bias.

If you created a Support ticket about it we’ll be looking into the issue and getting back to you. I handle any reports or issues along these lines myself. :)

594 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
designcise says

I replied to item rejection email as well and got no automated reply in return confirming my request; is this normal? I really want a reply before the competition deadline :\

308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dpremium says

Fair enough , good news

1618 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

I replied to item rejection email as well and got no automated reply in return confirming my request; is this normal? I really want a reply before the competition deadline :\

If one don’t receive any confirmation mail I suggest one check the SPAM folder, sometimes the automated response ends up in there.

by
by
by
by
by
by