206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
reubenchng says

Hey Basspartout,

I tried Studio One and I like it a lot. However, I felt the software wasn’t for me with the lack of an integrated music score which would be handy when I decide to teach my students a thing or two. Also, the lack of a surround mix in Studio One. I don’t do much work in surround, but its something I can play with. But again, Studio One, fast, easy and really nice to work with, but lack a few essentials that I need.

1050 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+7 more
Sonicbyte says

Try reaper, It’s amaizing !!

http://www.reaper.fm/
611 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says

Hey Basspartout, I tried Studio One and I like it a lot. However, I felt the software wasn’t for me with the lack of an integrated music score which would be handy when I decide to teach my students a thing or two. Also, the lack of a surround mix in Studio One. I don’t do much work in surround, but its something I can play with. But again, Studio One, fast, easy and really nice to work with, but lack a few essentials that I need.
Ah, ok, I understand. So yes, I guess Cubase then would also still be my first choice if I really needed those features.
936 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
permian says

I’m inclined to agree with Rodrigo. For me personally Cubase is such an inconvenient DAW! But, honestly, my relationships with the Reaper isn’t very close ones, and I don’t know, may be it lacks for some pro-features you need.

LightLotusProduction
LightLotusProduction Recent Posts Threads Started
290 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
LightLotusProduction says

I see lots of nice tips and opinions here. :)

What do you guys think about Ableton Live?

206 posts
+4 more
reubenchng says

hey guys, I finally got cubase installed on my system. Anyway, it comes with an average sound base and I’m fine with that. There are lots of trial versions like those ‘halion symphonic orchestra’, ‘padshop pro’ and more. You guys know which one is worth buying? Or ditch?

Help with cubase is appreciated! Finding everything really new to work being a switcher from Logic. :D

2010 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hey Reuben

My advice: Don’t even install “halion symphonic orchestra’’ or any other trial version from Steinberg, there are much better libraries available :)
Cubase is in my opinion the most powerful DAW of all, but not Steinberg’s sound libraries… :)

206 posts
+4 more
reubenchng says

Hey Reuben My advice: Don’t even install “halion symphonic orchestra’’ or any other trial version from Steinberg, there are much better libraries available :)
Cubase is in my opinion the most powerful DAW of all, but not Steinberg’s sound libraries… :)

argh. Logic used to have so many good sounds that I can use straightaway. What good starter libraries would you recommend? Average prices would be good, have spent a lot on software and hardwares this new year! lol

2010 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Well, but there are so many libraries that are much better than Logic’s. My personal recommendation for what to buy first of all is Komplete 8 from NativeInstruments. If possible even the Komplete ULTIMATE version. Really great sounds (the ones i use the most of all I have) and REALLY A LOT of Synths and Samples plus the excellent GuitarRig!!

235 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
backgroundmusic says

I’m about a year ago did the opposite. I switched from Cubase (actually Nuendo) to Logic. It was very interesting (read frustrating) the first few days :-). But if you know what you`re looking for you`ll find it. Many people here have mentioned shortcuts, and to me they are very important part of my workflow. Only I did something that turned out later like a good solution. I set the Logic shortcuts (the ones that I use most), to be the same like in Nuendo. Trust me, this make my life a lot easier. You can learn Cubase shortcuts, but why should you, these are just shortcuts, you can set them whatever you want. Now if I want, I can work in both DAW without confusion or waste of time looking for proper commands. Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by