3690 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I thought this logo was quite nice, but the reviewer didn’t agree, reason for rejection given -

The overall aesthetics of the design could be improved with a font that’s better suited to the concept and refining the shape of the image.

I’m going to give up on this one unless someone can convince me it’s worth working on more. This is a sad day for the 4 Scottish users on Envato :(

Cheers! :grin:

3690 posts
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Anyone got any opinions on this? :(

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

ok, lets comment this. But this is only my personal opinion. This is not a bad logo indeed. Only minor things are there which i would change:

(1) Italic font is not a lucky choice. (2) >>> Is not really a nice solution. (3) there is no consistency between the color variation. You have logo versions here with slight differences but different logos indeed. You have to make a decision which one is the real deal, and use that in a consequent way. (4) there is some little problem with the balance as well. You have a symmetrical logo but in an other place the logo turns to asymmetric. I think you just confused yourself as well, what kind of aligning and trimming you should use with the fonts.

The best look’in logo from this collection is the invert white logo on the blue background. I have checked the scotland logo and in your interpretation this logo looks like to me a Scottish airmail or messenger company or service. I’m not sure in that this kind of restriction would be a problem (should not be) but probably you should ask this from the support because they thinking in worldwide. For example if i have an airmail company here in Tuvalu, i just can not use this logo because it has a strong nationality. In other word: not flexible

3690 posts
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t usually like italic fonts much, but for some reason I thought this one looked quite good. Anyway if I work on the logo more I might try to make it work not just as a Scotland flag. Not sure how I would do that though really. This one might be heading to freebie land.

By the way I bet you’re the only author from Tuvalu :)

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

the >>> definitely needs work :)

3690 posts
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says
quickandeasy said

“Needs work” probably means “needs removing.” :)

34 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
joemartins says
ToivoMedia said
quickandeasy said

I think you should remove the ”>>>”

3690 posts
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says
joemartins said
ToivoMedia said
quickandeasy said

What can I say, it seemed like a good idea at the time… I don’t think I’m going to work more on this one anyway, it probably doesn’t have any commercial potential.

34 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
joemartins says
ToivoMedia said
joemartins said
ToivoMedia said
quickandeasy said
What can I say, it seemed like a good idea at the time… I don’t think I’m going to work more on this one anyway, it probably doesn’t have any commercial potential.

I think you shouldn’t give up!
I’ve learned too much getting some rejections.
I think you should take off all the ”>>> Direct” and let the name just as SCOTLAND or SCOTLND . The name is just for reference. The symbol is the important thing.
Maybe if you let it just as the square and the X getting out of the edges, it can be appear more cooler. You have to try many ways!
Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by