18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Logomount says

Got a hard reject again on this logo: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7946/logoemaill.jpg It seems to me not that bad! The only problem that may be – it’s too minimalistic. What d you think?

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

Logomount,

Hmmm. I’m not sure what I’d do to this. I like what I’ve seen. I don’t see anything wrong with this at all.

Let me think, let me think…

Wow. Nothing comes to mind. Heh. You’ll probably want to look at logos that have been approved and see if you can find anything similar to yours. If I were a reviewer that would have been the only reason I would hard reject your item.

- Nun Kwon

36 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
  • Member of the Envato Team
+7 more
Illustrator88 Envato team says

Hi Logomount~

First, I would say that coming up with an original email logo is difficult! There are already lots of them on the site, and “Email” is by itself, kind of a bland topic. If you do a Google image search for “email logo,” nearly all of them have an envelope, an arrow or swoosh and an ”@” symbol. It’s all been done. So perhaps you could think of something different, something about using email in a different way. For example, there’s email in the cloud, email from your phone, bulk email, email love letters, etc. Brainstorm!

On this particular logo there isn’t a clear concept. I’m seeing a check mark shape, but I’m not sure if it’s really supposed to be a check mark. Check marks usually have a more acute angle. And since it is not part of the alternate versions, I’m not sure you’re really committed to the check mark idea. If you are, then make it more obvious. Make the check mark the main focus. But be aware that there are also a lot of check mark logos on the site as well!

The envelope shape has one rounded corner and one right-angle corner. It’s not clear if this was intentional, or what the purpose of the two shapes might be. Everything in your design must have some intent behind it.

The gradients are not really helping hold the whole thing together. They’re sort of competing with one another, and look like an afterthought. The color scheme is a little dull. I always think a logo should work in one color. Make the whole thing black and see if the message still comes across.

I hope this has been helpful. Perhaps some other folks will chime in. :)

284 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
unlockedart says

Illustrator88 beat me to it. Why is one corner rounded when it is the only thing that is rounded in the whole logo. I would add more rounded corners to make it look like it belongs or get rid of that one rounded corner. That was the first thing that caught my eye.

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Logomount says

The feedback is just… WOW! Amazing, really thanks!:) About color scheme – it’s always hard to make CMYK bright, I will work more, now I started to understand the requirements of this site! It was really helpful, thanks once more!

by
by
by
by
by
by