• Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
CarlosViloria says
EAMejia said
silenceplease said
come on guys, don’t freak out.

envato is a qualified company. they are mainly (completely i’d say) involved in stock market so quantity (which brings money) will be always a step before quality (which is already pimped to high levels by the way)

i would invite all the authors to refrain from accusing envato of making a huge mistake by importing logos in the marketplaces.

they actually made a big move with the use of the word “logo”

think about it >

yesterday i googled “vector graphics” and as results i got envato and other websites

then i google “logo templates” and envato disappeared

today i google “logo templates” end as results i get envato and the other websites.

its marketing and complaining doesn’t help.

let’s accept this as a well pondered choice and move on.
Totally agree

I also totally agree

but I think they should take some quality measures, such as those suggested above for this category

silenceplease said
  • black/white version and reverse version
  • minimum size
  • size tests (100%..70%..50%..and so on)
  • info print (color codes)
  • used font
  • white space
and more..
832 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SBJEWEL says

Agree … But you know Logo is not just a icon It’s more then that. Icons can sell twice but Logo can’t. But today logos are everywhere as a stock. So what should we do ? Nothing ! Just accept this category. :)

here is some ideas about selling logos … http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/solution-for-selling-logos-on-graphicriver-/48669
526 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
tanpopo says
  • some explanation

because sometimes we need it.

74 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
jorne says

Hmm ii don’t like the new category. After the flooding of vector images (where the quality and quantity where not common for this market place), now there’s a cheap logo category where also the quality and quantity are in question (at least for me). This is not the Envato way i know..

Besides no bad word about pixellogo.

But hey, as a company i maybe would do the same is i can make a lot of money with it. Just to bad that for me, Envato’s brand value has made a big drop.

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
LanceSnider says
acerchina said
I agree silenceplease , As a Contest, One man submitted 1200 works, accounting for 40 pages, I have not seen any Contest like this number of works. (I am not against pixellogo, I doubt the rules of the Contest )

Just so you know, PixelLogo is NOT part of the contest. :)

Also, I’m sorry to the authors of the 20+ logos in the queue. We were going to review them last night and have them up at the same time, but we had some technical issues. We’ll do them asap!

832 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
SBJEWEL says
LanceSnider said
acerchina said
I agree silenceplease , As a Contest, One man submitted 1200 works, accounting for 40 pages, I have not seen any Contest like this number of works. (I am not against pixellogo, I doubt the rules of the Contest )

Just so you know, PixelLogo is NOT part of the contest. :)

Also, I’m sorry to the authors of the 20+ logos in the queue. We were going to review them last night and have them up at the same time, but we had some technical issues. We’ll do them asap!

COOL … GOING TO SUBMIT MY LOGOS SOON ….. @ LanceSnider can you please check out this thread http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/make-those-logos-blind-until-end-of-this-contest-/49504?page=1#456339 thanks.

3 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
RhDesigns says

I am not an author in the market place but I do buy a lot of your amazing work and I have to agree with all of you in that these 3d rendered logo’s and passing off very similar variants as unique is almost down right criminal. The quality of your people’s work is unmatched anywhere else on the internet and I would like to see that same quality in the logo section as well.

Someone mentioned similar to logopond and I agree. I have no fear though, once ACTUAL envato authors make some logos those Pilexcrap logos will get pushed to the bottom.

I have nothing but respect for your hard work everyone!! You inspire and amaze me every time I come to this website.

If they want to fill up there market place with a logo company’s work then what does that say to your community Envato? Get rid of this stuff, I would take 10 logos from your authors over 1200 from these clipart websites any day!!

116 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
CordellC says

The only problem I have is the horrible work PixelLogo does. Do they even know how to design for print? 3D renders won’t just magically work.

526 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
tanpopo says

rude comments and finger pointed on authors’ works are unneeded :notfunny:

1 post
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
atrainone says

I get it. They couldn’t just open up the logo category with empty space while the first few templates get reviewed. Thus, PixelLogo came in and populated some pages.

You can’t open a grocery story with only 2 loaves of bread.

No big deal. If authors deliver, then those 40 pages will be obsolete.

by
by
by
by
by
by