• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Dutchflow says
LanceSnider said
Odysseus said
Kingboekie said
is the price not a little to high if you compare this to a whole complete housestyle for example or a whole webdesign psd or business card?
It’s actually kind of low. A logo is much, much more important than any other aspect.
And the license allows you to do a whole lot more.

I didn’t realise that the license was different. :)

277 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United Kingdom
cazoobi says
Philmo said
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Hahaha Snap I just checked out the cat there is some rubbish in there already. Come on! quality not quantity.

I still plan to add some designs could b a winner If it gets a good rep for quality.

526 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
tanpopo says
cazoobi said
Hahaha Snap I just checked out the cat there is some rubbish in there already. Come on! quality not quantity. I still plan to add some designs could b a winner If it gets a good rep for quality.

That’s the way to do it! :grin:

72 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
ottonova says

OK, I also have to change my opinion about stock logos a bit. If there is market demand for stock logos, at least we could offer some quality.

But one thing remains:

Envato, please make an option for buyers to purchase a logo template exclusively if it hasn’t been sold, for let’s say 20 times the regular license. I have some brand names plus logos that I’d really like to offer to a company that will use it as their brand identity.

3197 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
+8 more
DzincStudio says

My main concern is the category’s review queue. There are currently over 200 items, and not a single one was reviewed in the past 14+ hours. If it was the weekend I’d understand, but on a Tuesday?

I agree that item quality is of the utmost importance, and authors will definitely work harder to keep improving and uploading better and better files, but it has to work both ways. The same amount of hard work and dedication needs to go into getting that queue moving.

390 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
Rayzong says
Dzinc said
My main concern is the category’s review queue. There are currently over 200 items, and not a single one was reviewed in the past 14+ hours. If it was the weekend I’d understand, but on a Tuesday? I agree that item quality is of the utmost importance, and authors will definitely work harder to keep improving and uploading better and better files, but it has to work both ways. The same amount of hard work and dedication needs to go into getting that queue moving.

I agreed with you bud, Currently have item that was in queue for 4 days and not moving. How can we meet the logo contest time frame when your acceptance is so late?

By the way nice profile pic :D

56 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • China
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
acerchina says

Consent, whether accepted or rejected, at least know that their work how to fix.

87 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
wattscreative says

I’m laughing at those of you who ripped this category announcement with such passion but have since proceeded to enter in to it!

Wow…

180 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Lung says

Don‘t know if someone else said it before but I don‘t want to read the whole thread now.

In my opinion, logos should get their own marketplace in the Envato-Network. Why? I‘ve got the feeling that everyone is doing logos at the time and Logos are really flooding the homepage – even with the exposure improvements a while ago. Most of the logos I see look like they could be used any- and nowhere. As a customer I don‘t want to search for Categories like: »Animals, Numbers, Typography and so on.« I want to search AND find a Logo that fits my company and the business my company is working in. Just a short example with me as a potential client wich runs a mid-class restaurant: At the moment i will type »restaurant logo« into the search bar and find a whole collection of everything. From clean to grunge, from minimal to the creative overdose. I could spend an hour to sight everything and find nothing. In the end I hit die X or the little red button and go – cause time is money and google is my best friend and shows me websites, were I can choose a category, a style and GET exact that logo what I want in a Short time. Let‘s say I know I‘am a Client wich is a bit more advanced. I know I have a mid-class restaurant and my whole interior is a vintage style. I would type in: »restaurant logo vintage« and what did I get? A Logo? No, I get ONE Business Card and absolutly NO Logo. As a potential client, I would leave at this point and would choose another website, wich allows me to search for exact this categories in no time and is dedicated to Logodesign.

Also Envato could provide MUCH better licensing options for buyers. The sales in the logo category are not really high. Nothing over 3 sales and only 3 items reach this mark yet. Some of the unbought logos are really good but why should me, as a client, by something that can use any other company as well? In times where you can insert a link to google picture search and see similar items as a result and mostly every local store got his own website, it would be as smart, as laying your hand on a hot plate.

Would I, again as a potential client, buy a pricier logo, if I would know: »THIS is mine and no one else can use it?« Yeah I would. I dont say it has to cost $1.000 or above but you could provide a lincensing system like this one:

Licensing A: Unlimited time of usage = $1.000 Licensing B: 5 years of usage = $800 Licensing C: 2 years of usage = $500 Licensing D: 1 year of usage = $300 Licensing E: Seasonal usage (4-6 Month) = $150

If some one hit‘s the Option Licensing A, the Logo disapears from the Marketplace and will no longer be available. If some one decides to use the logo just for a seasonal campaign or for a campaign and needs it up to 5 years. The logo will stay in the marketplace and CAN also be bought with the A-License from a second buyer. The first buyer isn‘t eligible to use the logo after the licensing reach it‘s deadline. There are some other ideas in the back of my mind, but implement Logos into GR, in my opinion, wasn‘t the smartest idea.

Lung

104 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
naspos says

[author name removed] is a terrible company, bought of a font, i couldn’t download it immediately and now it is expired and still can’t download it. have to dispute the charge with my credit card company cause their support doesn’t even answer!

by
by
by
by
by
by