42 posts
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
chrisworks says

I know this is a stock site and the logic is selling every “item” many times, but I was wondering why not exclusive rights to one customer ?

I mean, like many user here I create logos for my clients and have a number of unused proposals or more simply I’d want to create something to sell ONCE for a certain amount (e.g.: 300-500 $). I think there’re Clients that would be happy to have a quality logo with unique concept and full copyright.

I don’t like selling logos as stock, just because I think it’s a unique “piece of art” with unique concept and to sell one time to one customer. I also think that most of the time it’s not convenient to sell it as stock.

I know there’s also other sites that sell with the above logic (I use them), but why not take advantage of a known platform like GR ?

388 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Portugal
Dfinepixel says

I even suggest awhile ago to have an option for the first customer of a logo to be able to buy the full rights of it (therefore it would be taken out of the market), but just for the first customer, so it would be implementing the stock sale we have now and that option that other markets have. :)

274 posts
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
LunarDesigns says

Actually micro lancer does the same thing

42 posts
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
chrisworks says

@Dfinepixel: I see your point, but what if the customer which wants exclusive rights comes after that logo (the only one he wanted) has already been sold as stock ? He go away and you remain with a few bucks of your stock logo. On the contrary, I think the author should decide, at upload time, the type of license to apply for that logo.

@twistedDNA: No, buddy, it’s not the same thing. Microlancer connects authors and clients for a specific and defined project: in this case the buyer exactly know what he wants and what the end product should looks like. My experience tells me that most of the times Clients don’t know exactly what they want, thay have a company and want an exclusive logo, they trust us and want to be amazed by our ideas/concepts.

1044 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
dotnpix says

I think the company or a buyer direct connect a author by email or message to they want a unique logo by any concept. What field they want. Then we authors are make a unique such as (piece of art) logo and not sell to any marketplace only for a special buyer. Such as a “Item Requests” field…. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by