• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
aRtlessX says

Don’t bite on everything the media wants to feed you with. I think this is a good insightful prespective and imo it’s fitting to everything that has been happening in many western countries and not just UK, lately. The ‘best’ is yet to come me thinks, and on a global level. This is just a smell of what’s ahead of us if goverments keep sucking the blood out of us.

http://pennyred.blogspot.com/2011/08/panic-on-streets-of-london.html
725 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
josweb says
aRtlessX said
Don’t bite on everything the media wants to feed you with. I think this is a good insightful prespective and imo it’s fitting to everything that has been happening in many western countries and not just UK, lately. The ‘best’ is yet to come me thinks, and on a global level. This is just a smell of what’s ahead of us if goverments keep sucking the blood out of us. http://pennyred.blogspot.com/2011/08/panic-on-streets-of-london.html

agreed, well found….

45 posts
  • Slovenia
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Tarrum says

aRtless, your article is well written, but being poor doesn’t mean you go out on the streets ruining shops, breaking windows, mugging people. Most of these people probably just fight because that’s the only thing they know how to do. Every country has poor sections, so does mine, but never has anyone started attacking people and burning down buildings cause of that. No, you started thinking how to get yourself in a better position.

And those kids that are 9 and 10 obviously do it just because it’s cool. That feeling that you did something, that you destroyed a property of an old innocnent man must really be great.

725 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
josweb says
Tarrum said
aRtless, your article is well written, but being poor doesn’t mean you go out on the streets ruining shops, breaking windows, mugging people. Most of these people probably just fight because that’s the only thing they know how to do. Every country has poor sections, so does mine, but never has anyone started attacking people and burning down buildings cause of that. No, you started thinking how to get yourself in a better position. And those kids that are 9 and 10 obviously do it just because it’s cool. That feeling that you did something, that you destroyed a property of an old innocnent man must really be great.
I think my link earlier says it all really. They aren’t afraid of any repercussions. Asbos, cautions…..
josweb said
A fascinating insight into people’s heads – BBC News
3496 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says
josweb said
aRtlessX said
Don’t bite on everything the media wants to feed you with. I think this is a good insightful prespective and imo it’s fitting to everything that has been happening in many western countries and not just UK, lately. The ‘best’ is yet to come me thinks, and on a global level. This is just a smell of what’s ahead of us if goverments keep sucking the blood out of us. http://pennyred.blogspot.com/2011/08/panic-on-streets-of-london.html
agreed, well found….

Good article.

The people running Britain had absolutely no clue how desperate things had become.

Perhaps the only way they manage to sleep at night.

396 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
aRtlessX says

Just in case you misunderstood, I didn’t write that, just spotted it.

Honestly tarrum, actually it does mean that when things get on the edge and people loose all hope and choices because they get to be puppets on the hands of TPTB which leave them no other alternative making them feel desperation. Any kind of social study will tell you that, and they didn’t make it out of their heads, that’s what has been happening from the start of time on a social level in human behaviour and we’ve been seeing it too in our lifetime, it’s just that now it’s come too close to our neighborhoods. Proven again and again that what poverty brings, IS violence and crime. Either to survive, either to take revenge, either to feel powerful because you’re sick and tired of having no power over your own life because of the system. I’m not supporting violence and such, I’m just saying that it’s so ridiculously expected and no surprise at all, understandable on this level and the reasons behind it are real beyond words.

What you say about getting yourself in a better position is of course an option and of course that’s what most people will try, BUT only when there’s still one around. I have NO doubt that there’s always a group of people who take advantage of these situations and do their thing but it’s not only 10yo who think it’s cool and ungry hooligans who just like to smash everything up even without a cause, that’s out in the streets these days. Spain? Greece? Italy? France? UK? Do you see a pattern here related to where the system is bringing desperation even to the so called middle class and what’s happening lately all around? It’s not a matter of the already excisting ‘poor sections’ any more.

Things always start from somewhere and keep going, cause and effect. And with what is happening in whole Europe and USA lately in the economy and the ruthless messures the sluts of power are bringing on the majority of their people only for the freaking banks to survive, tells me it’s naive to place this whole thing again in the frame of just actions of a small group of people.

Analysts are already talking about a global pre-revolutionary phase, let’s wait and see. Personally I think they’re spot on. Unfortunately.

45 posts
  • Slovenia
Tarrum says

I completely agree with you. Our country (Slovenia) is also heading on the same path as these countries in the crysis. Isn’t European Union great.

I never said the system is good and if you’re poor you simply need to do start working. I hate this system because it’s a place where people on high positions steal while we have to suffer. I completely agree and support anyone who has the courage to fight against such people, destroy their empire, destroy what they stole, but I believe this London situation is not completely about that. Some hooligans just want to break, destroy and beat others to get some sort of adrenaline. You can’t blame them, it’s probably how they were raised up or/and people surrounding them.

The thing is, this system is hard to fight against at because the roots are so deep and it’s everywhere, in everyone and it’s bloody hard to change it. Ruining buildings is definitely not the correct way, because it gets others, innocent people, hurt. I won’t get there again because I’m not from the UK and do not understand the situation. We had a protest last year where people were attacking, not as horrible as this, but it started out as something peaceful. When one person threw a brick at the parliament, everyone did it. It’s just…the adrenaline + feelings I guess.

As long as no one is hurt it’s okay. But won’t the people of the UK have to pay for this?

52 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ejcreatif says

Do you have any thoughts on this : http://cl.ly/9CFS ?

This on the other hand is just plain sad : http://cl.ly/9BPS

On a brighter note I hope that you are well and get better soon Darkstar.

Authors in Manchester, London … keep safe !!

Tarrum said
As long as no one is hurt it’s okay. But won’t the people of the UK have to pay for this?
http://cl.ly/9C3m
http://cl.ly/9CCd
2096 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

That was a very well writen article that highlited many truths, I mean to me I just can’t understand if I was going to do something criminal I would not go around with out my face covered up as in the uk we have the most cctv in the world on average people are captued on cctv 300 times a day. You would really just not have to care at all, I mean from the g12 riot it was evident that the police went through for month finding people and arresting them.

It is a little hard for me to related as i come from one of the most well off part of britain and was lucky enough to get a great private education and there for have had get opportunities for work, and would never risk losing all I have to a few shirts or a tv. Just seems crazy people would do this.

So i find it very odd polititions think they have all the answers on the matters they have come from similar backgrounds to me and really can’t relate as the have not had to go thought the hardships the individuals have.

On a posstive note my lung has made real improvements over the last 2 day at last and it is almost healed so i will get the tube that in my lung remove the 2 broken ribs still hurt but i should be able to leave hospital in the next few days I hope, expet more items from me soon I am doing some stuff for 3d ocean at the moment but will get back to work soon.

I just hope tonight is calmer now as this is going to seept the economic recovery of the county back futher which we just don’t need it just going to make thinks even harder for the less privalaged as benifts and support programs will be cut to save money.

by
by
by
by
by
by