53 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
CINEMULTIC says

Logic…. After a while, everything will be fine filled with goods, as elsewhere. And sales of each artist will be smaller and smaller until they lost meaning in further work. If earn one in a thousand artists – then it is a game, not a job. Videohive hardly be an exception – only a matter of time. What is your opinion?

237 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
mothinkers says

I think that VideoHive (and all the other Envato Marketplaces) gives us a great opportunity. You get to expose your works to humongus audience. And i’ve got the same chance to make big results as an elite author does.
Not to mention you have access to a great comunity filled with skilled designers ready to help you out!
Anyway competitiveness exist here as in the “analog world” :). Also outside of the internet there are thousands of artist but not everyone of them have a work.
The most skilled works and the less skilled doesn’t. As a designer you never stop to learn and to grow as a professional. And if you put passion and dedication to your works results will come.
Man I know you’ve got to eat at the end of the day but design (and arts in general) isn’t just about money. At least is what i like to think!

1044 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says

Logic…. After a while, everything will be fine filled with goods, as elsewhere. And sales of each artist will be smaller and smaller until they lost meaning in further work. If earn one in a thousand artists – then it is a game, not a job. Videohive hardly be an exception – only a matter of time. What is your opinion?

Don’t think that’s entirely true. Marketplace has been exploding in the past 2 years. Personally I don’t see much of a difference. High-quality stuff will always find its way through. The logic that every project produced, no matter its quality, will get equal sales is false. Thus say that sales will get evenly spread among all authors is also not true. You take it as you wish.. a game, a job, a hobby. Whatever it is, make sure what you do is the best you are capable of. That’s my opinion. :)

53 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
CINEMULTIC says

You also say the right thing. But counterparts in the other photo stocks indicate poor prospects. I’m not talking about 1 of 1000. These will always be. But and they will not last forever, as soon cease to do new things – their sales will go to zero.

4794 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Motion graphics in general has been suffering heavy falls in wages over the last 10 years or so. That has accelerated somewhat since the advent of Videocopilot and other tutorial sites, and more lately due to stock. It’s about rising quality and falling price expectations. This isn’t anyone’s fault, and I’m certainly not pointing the finger. It’s simply an inevitable outcome of the march of technology and globalisation.

We can only hope that the creation of new demand and new markets will mitigate this to some extent, but although wages stay reasonably solid at the high-end, the stuffing’s being pretty much knocked out of the rest of the market. Photography and music have been at the vanguard of this problem for years, so if you want to know where moving image is headed, look no further.

Of course design isn’t all about the money….... if it’s your hobby.

If it’s your job, then it’s a different matter. :-)

53 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
CINEMULTIC says

artist – this is not a job-it’s a state of mind. but you can not work for free for a long time. You can die of hunger )))

by
by
by
by
by
by