592 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Ghana
IsaacA says

Whenever I’m working online (as a guy in the sports industry who spends a lot of time in my browsers), or whenever I’m working on my local host for various Web Design projects (with Microsoft Web Matrix, Notepad++, Microsoft Visual Web Developer, etc), I use HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC: it’s a good laptop with 4GB RAM, 440 GB disk space, 3 hours of battery life, Intel i5 2.4 GHz processor and Windows 7 Premium.

Whenever I need to use some software requiring high-graphics capability, I use my Dell Inspiron laptop: It has 8GB RAM, 750 GB disk space, 3 hours of battery life, 2.4 GHz processor and it also has Windows 7 Premium. Its power is great enough for high-end video games as well + anything that my HP dm4 can handle.

I bought both of them 2 years ago for less than 800$ each. You can read about them and see if they suit you. From my experience, I’ve got no problems with them at all. Both of them even have Cinema 4D, FL Studio, etc…

That’s my honest recommendation to you :)

1243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

Mac book is lightning fast if you use it for webdesign and coding work. For print, 3D, render and composting is lightning slow :) pity they have only 16GB ram memory max. And OSX always had a poor memory management. And not to mention about the price.
Uhm? One word! Mavericks! It kills absolutely every computer OS I’ve put my hands on, and no offence, I have a desktop computer, high end, it’s dying, my MacBook is older than my computer… still working perfectly! Hardware and software wise, Apple have expensive stuff but it’s of higher quality! I’ve personally shared your opinion until I purchased one!

I worked many years on mac (my last coputer was mac). I bought my Asus 4 months ago. my first intention was to buy a new Macbook pro. At that moment someone tell me about this Asus an I had the chance to test it for few days and with i7 2.4, 32GB ram/ 3GB video memory, SSD really feel the power. The only think I don’t like is the is the display colors. But I bought a brand new Apple Display just for the perfect retina colors.

When I choose Asus was for that 32GB memory. After I finish to install I open all my software adobe, autodesk, maxon + 2 games at once and it runs like I opened only one of them.

275 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Magicpixelss says

32gb ram isnt a bit overkill? I only have 8 and i am more than satisfied, never userd more than 6.3.

1243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

For very complex files like Photoshop Extended with 3D objects or After Effects + Element 3D or particles or just any 3D software even 32GB isn’t really enough. But until I have the money to buy one of this http://www.boxxtech.com/ 32GB ram it’s perfect for me.

187 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
SoundCity says

Macbook Pro : powerful, reliable, lightweight and aesthetic …

275 posts
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Magicpixelss says

Cool stuff, to bad i dont own that kind of money…

96 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
Inspoir says

You have only one option: buy a MacBook. The rest is crap. Working on a Mac it’s priceless, faster and better designs.

96 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
Inspoir says

32gb ram isnt a bit overkill? I only have 8 and i am more than satisfied, never userd more than 6.3.

If you work with large videos 8gb are useless, even on a Mac.

1188 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

Looks like Apple infect people and make zombies. :D

2206 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

I would go with MacBook Pro or higher end Lenovo.

Cheers

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by