332 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says

Hello everyone. I’m currently looking for someone (if there’s not already a file out there like this) who can be able to help me with making a flash list manager. I would also like it to be in xml (since my knowledge of flash is very limited. I’m a musician not a flash guy :P). So here is what I would like to get accomplished.

Title 1:
..........Song 1
..........Song 2
..........Song 3

Title 2:
..........Song 1
..........Song 2
..........Song 3

Ect, ect, ect. The “Songs” part will be hidden until someone clicks on the title. When the title is clicked the “song list” drops down to where you can view the songs. Click the title again, and the list closes back up. I would also like to be able to use different colors on the fonts. For an idea of what I would like it to look like, you can check out what I have on my website, DP-Studios

If anyone can help me out, let me know. You can contact me at my email address: derek_palmer@dp-studios.org.

Thanks for any help!

DP

patrickjansendesign
patrickjansendesign Recent Posts Threads Started
154 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+1 more
patrickjansendesign says

Hi, maybe an item I have can help out, see here

By default it either opens html pages or loads content (swf/pics/videos). It’s not been used with loading audio files directly though. Just check it out, who knows it may work for your plans

ps. check 4th sample to see “pullout” example of funcionality of drop down sub items

332 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

That’s cool and all, but not exactly what I’m looking for. I’d like to have it set up just with text. I don’t need to load audio or anything, that’s why I have an audio player above the list. The list simply lists the names of the songs with text. No links, or audio with it, just the text. I know I can use the html version I have on my website, but I’d like to have it set up with a dropdown list.

Example:

Album:
Tracklisting (which drops down after clicking “album”)

Album 2:
Tracklisting (Again, drops down the tracklisting list)

And goes like that. Kind of how in the author section of the envato marketplaces, on the edit page. You click on a catagory, and the content drops down below it.

I hope that made it a bit more clearer on what I’m trying to accomplish. :P

Thanks, for the feedback though :)

patrickjansendesign
patrickjansendesign Recent Posts Threads Started
154 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Brazil
+1 more
patrickjansendesign says

It’s possible I’m misunderstanding or not understanding. But the file I mentioned does what you summarize, list a number of main items (“albums”?) .. and on click lists a number of sub items (“songs”?). I asumed you’d need something to happen when clicking albums or songs in the list, or am I incorrect? That’s why I indicated the file I mentioned can both load files or load pages. But maby you don’t need menu items to do anything on clicking, I just wouldn’t understand what would be the point.

ps: my files list can be set to not drop down any main item on start or drop down one of them or drop down all of them

332 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Sorry about that. I probably didn’t give a very good explaination in the first place :P. There are no links or buttons. It looks like basic html text. The “Album” parts are the only clickable parts. You click on “album” and a dropdown list comes up showing the tracks. If you click “album” again, it closes.

I would just use basic html, but after a while and I have a good set of music tracks on my site, I don’t want the user to have to scroll all the way down to read the tracklist.

If it’s too much trouble for anyone to do, then I can live with the html version. No biggie. Thanks for the help anyway :)

DP

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

You can still use html but set it so that when you click on the albums, it hides the text below it, just javascript. Very easy to do :) You can also have it so by default, the text is hidden. :)

332 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Thanks for the info Reaper. I didn’t know that could still be done with html and java. I know html, but I know about…oh…zero of java. Most of the java coding I’ve had to do was just copy and paste the code I needed from a tutorial or forum somewhere :P

4335 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

You must remember that javascript and Java are two completely different platforms owned by different people. ;)

332 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Yeah, I know. Hopefully you knew what I ment :P

4335 posts