• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
blabus says

No, not that kind of partner. :D

I’ve finally come to the conclusion that it would be much more practical and efficient for me to work with another person on ThemeForest work. Although I know how to code, design is really my main forte. :)

What I Need:

- A coder that can turn out fully valid XHTML /CSS versions of PSD templates I design. But this is the important part: they not only have to be W3C valid, but ThemeForest valid as well (as most of you know, ThemeForest has their own set of requirements for templates, which unfortunately seem to be getting stricter and stricter). So yes, that means that at present, you must be able to code for IE6 as well.

- jQuery and Javascript knowledge is a requirement. I always strive for unique form and function in my designs, and often that functionality cannot be realized without some amount of jQuery/Javascript. PHP is a plus, but really not required. The most complex PHP I ever get into is pretty much just simple contact forms.

- WordPress knowledge would be a HUGE plus, but NOT required. WordPress themes seem to sell quite well here, but I have absolutely no knowledge or experience with WordPress, so an expert in this area could be a great benefit in reaching as many customers as possible.

How I’d Like to Do It:

- Ideally, I’d like this to be a bit more than a simple project-by-project collaboration- I’m instead looking to create essentially a 2 person web design studio, but specifically for ThemeForest templates. :) That means we would have our own separate website, brand, identity, etc., as well as a single ThemeForest account to sell our work through, as well as a corresponding PayPal account. We’d also provide substantial support on all of our items, perhaps through the website.

Anyway, feel free to check out my work here, as well as on my portfolio site (http://www.labusdesign.com). Keep in mind however that I also have several pretty cool designs on the back burner right now, so we’ll have stuff to do right away. :)

So, if anyone’s interested (or just wants to say hi), let me know!

177 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
stylus1274 says

Good luck brother….I hope this works for you.

I’ve tried a few times with no luck.

753 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
AdamGold says

If you want, you can work with me on WP themes.

382 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
blabus says
Good luck brother….I hope this works for you. I’ve tried a few times with no luck.

Really? What problems did you encounter? (if you don’t mind me asking)

962 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
webdesigndeluxe says

I could help out :D

921 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

Yup – partnerships are really tough to manage – who spends more time? who owns more stake in each product? who handles support? is making 50/50 enough to support two people working on a product? So many questions and rivalries can come up that it’s really just hard to work out. I’ve used PSD > HTML shops in the past – they are definitely worth checking out – although I will mention that they almost always require extra coding, testing, and polish after you get the “final product” from them.

Anyways – good luck, it’ll be interesting to see how this goes :)

by
by
by
by
by
by