2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says
Since we’re talking about money for a PSD mockup… a buyer of one of my themes approached me to make a PSD design for a new site. It was only for the Homepage. I had a bit of downtime, so i agreed to do it for (what i thought was a low price) $250. They said it was too much, so i didn’t do the job. Do you think $250(USD) was asking too much, or was that reasonable?

We usually calculate $50/hour. So if you think you can create a PSD of a homepage (with all features etc etc) in 5 hours I think it’s a reasonable price.

For the HomePage I wouldn’t charge less than 8-10 hours + 2-3 additional hours for each extra page

119 posts AJDE
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
ashanjay says

seriously? damn it i’ve been getting ripped off all this time then… I need to bump up my prices..

2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says
seriously? damn it i’ve been getting ripped off all this time then… I need to bump up my prices..

Of course your hourly prices depend A LOT on your current portfolio and the quality of your work.

But anyway, it also depends a lot on market plays to get good ratings ot of clients.

We use the 50,00 hourly price base to develop a PSD , HTML or WP with the best quality we can get, possibly better than when we do for ThemeForest. We can always lower the price depending on the quality the client wants and the deadline given. Longer deadlines = lower prices.

But again, rates will base mostly on the quality of your portfolio, reputation, quality of work and deadlines.

441 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has referred 1000+ members Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
readactor says
damn it i’ve been getting ripped off all this time then…

no. you wasn’t. or you was working with a gun pointed on yr balls?!? if a client offer a price, and you accept it, is no robber there. in most better case, is just a poor own skills / market evaluation, kids crying at home for food, live in some earth areas, where with 200$ you are the MAN etc. in worse case, you are just stupid. (talking generally).

by
by
by
by
by
by