12 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
imtiazmx says

Hi

Im new to this, so please excuse my ignorance.

Im looking for a theme just to add products, but with option not to have the buy now button;

basically, a view only e-commerce website (no check-out or add to cart features)

I’d be grateful of someone can guide me.

Thanks

Imtiaz

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Basically every theme can do that. If you’re using wordpress than you could add all your products through simple “posts”. Or you install an e-commerce plugin like woocommerce or jigoshop where you can manage your products with details, sku, product attributes and more. Then you only need to hide the “buy now” buttons through CSS for example. Or with customizing a theme, which you can do by yourself (with some knowledge) or by hiring a freelancer.

I know this probably won’t help much but that is it.

12 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
imtiazmx says

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it !!!!

I am using Wordpress for this project. I will look into this option.

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
infohab says

I did something like that in Opencart and hide all the Buy/AddtoCart elements from the default template,,,, if you need it just send me a message from my profile page.

381 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
redfactory says

You can take a look at our themes. We have two themes that are aimed at displaying products without the webshop side of it. Shameless selfpromotion? Maybe. But I hope it helps :)

153 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

Many themes (including ours) have portfolio plugin that can be used for product presentation. You’ll click on the image let’s say and you’re brought to portfolio detail page -> product page.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
JimKelly says

Basically every theme can do that. If you’re using wordpress than you could add all your products through simple “posts”. Or you install an e-commerce plugin like woocommerce or jigoshop where you can manage your products with details, sku, product attributes and more. Then you only need to hide the “buy now” buttons through CSS for example. Or with customizing a theme, which you can do by yourself (with some knowledge) or by hiring a freelancer.

I agree with your point. But what’s your opinion about Joomla is it easier to use than WordPress?

I know this probably won’t help much but that is it.
by
by
by
by
by
by