• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Dynumo_Interactive says

Hello,

I have a sister with a diploma in music, and we have been thinking about starting a music business for some time now. While I would be doing the marketing side of things (like making the music videos), she was to be composing.

As she currently doesn’t have the necessary software she would like to work with (I’m sure you’s know what software can cost, lol), we’ve decided to try and find some composers we can partner with to help us start off.

The composers would be paid a percentage from the net profits resulting from their song, which would be negotiable (we’re currently thinking around 20%). We would be looking for them to be able to create the backing music to a professional quality, and possibly provide notation as well. Also if they were able to come up with decent lyrics, that would be desirable (and likely to add to their profit share).

What we will do then is find a singer/band to play this song, and produce a video for it for distribution across the internet on sites like Youtube and Vimeo.

After we have done this, we will also produce a website for the band, and start to sell the music tracks for it on digital sites like Amazon and itunes. Furthermore, if a song does well enough, we would plan to have cd’s printed of it and try to distribute it to retail outlets.

The sort of genres we are interested in are pop, punk, hip-hop and swing, and would like songs with strong credentials for earning royalties in the future, if they were successful enough.

Is anybody here interested in working with us, and if so what sort of profit share might you’s look for (bearing in mind that shares also have to go to the singer/band, me for marketing, promotion and sales and my sister for technical assistance with the music as well as accounts).

We would like someone who is highly motivated, nice to work with and can produce high quality unique and up-beat music. Please provide links to some samples of your previous work if you are interested and we hope to hear from you soon!

1456 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says
Hello,
Hello, welcome on Audio Jungle.
As she currently doesn’t have the necessary software she would like to work with (I’m sure you’s know what software can cost, lol).
Well, there are tons of free software that can help you to make a professional production:
- Mu.Lab have a free version, I was using it for more than one year before getting the “unlimited” payed one (I want to support a good software).
- Reaper is also a professional solution that you can get for free. It’s not a freeware but it’s a full, uncrippled, unexpiring evaluation version. You can buy it if you’re convinced that you’ll make money out of it.
- Audacity is probably the most known free sound editor.
- Wavosaur is another free sound editor.
For more resources, take a look on the threads I wrote, Freebies – Best Free VST Effects and Freebies – Samplers and Sample Libraries
The composers would be paid a percentage from the net profits resulting from their song, which would be negotiable (we’re currently thinking around 20%). We would be looking for them to be able to create the backing music to a professional quality, and possibly provide notation as well. Also if they were able to come up with decent lyrics, that would be desirable (and likely to add to their profit share).

Sound good and fair enough. If you want , you can take a look on my portfolio, I’m a quite open to collaborations.

Dynumo_Interactive
Dynumo_Interactive Recent Posts Threads Started
16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Dynumo_Interactive says

Thank you for the reply, but my sister seems pretty keen on getting sibelius for composing and cubase for production and unfortunately while your music was good, it seemed to be more suited for movie backing tracks than pop bands.

Might you have any other examples of your music that are more pop singer/band style?

We’re interested in someone who can write catchy tunes that will leave people humming, such as paparazzi by Lady Gaga, or fireflies by owl city, beat again by jls or perhaps even more acoustic songs like the sort sang by Avril Lavigne, coldplay or the fray, which could be seen as more punky pop.

BrightMorningstar
BrightMorningstar Recent Posts Threads Started
5 posts
  • United States
BrightMorningstar says

Very interested, my SounCloud is: http://www.souncloud.com/bright-morningstar

Give you an idea of my style/sound, use Ableton Live with a Midi 49 Key Keyboard and another Midi Controller into my Macbook. I use various plug-ins that I run into Ableton Live.

Feel free to contact me @ Beedub32@gmail.com to provide more information.

1456 posts
  • Norway
Mihai_Sorohan says
Thank you for the reply, but my sister seems pretty keen on getting sibelius for composing and cubase for production and unfortunately while your music was good, it seemed to be more suited for movie backing tracks than pop bands.

Well, that’s why I put it here. It is targeted for movies and games, but don’t be fooled by first impression (aka listening one or two tracks and assuming that this is all). I have from jazz to metal and “soundtrackish” to D’n’B.

Might you have any other examples of your music that are more pop singer/band style?
Well, I’m not a singer and sincerely, I kind of hate the “modern” pop (aka Gaga & clones), but on a more rock side of the pop, here’s the band where I’m a guitar player, arranger and sound engineer (recording, mixing):
www.edenband.eu
myspace.com/edenrockproject
Also a more silly (on the eastern side on the music, think rock + Bregovic). Me on trumpet, sometimes guitar, arranging and recording/ mixing/ mastering.
Grup? Timohi
A Bossa Nova old project, mostly standards… old stuff.
Bossa Nova Project
Here’s a friend that I’m helping with arranging (aka playing some guitars, keyboards and trumpets and programing some drums):
GUD
And, last here, my jazz album:
HERE FOR SALE
PREVIEW OF JAZZ ALBUM
1456 posts
  • Norway
Mihai_Sorohan says
Dynumo_Interactive
16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Dynumo_Interactive says

Hi Mihai, while I am very impressed, your music is a bit too rock for my style, and I want to find music I can feel more enthusiastic/passionate about marketing, though I am keeping you in mind if I am ever looking for a film soundtrack.

And brightmorningstar, I like your work, espiecally your remixes, but am unsure if your original’s are the sort of style which could have lyrics put to them. Have you got any samples of an original you have made which might be suitable for adding lyrics? And do you think you could dampen the electro a bit with more acoustics to maybe sound similar to the style in songs like “my name” by mclean – http://bit.ly/aIVQao ?

Best Regards to both :)

Adam.

Dynumo_Interactive
16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Dynumo_Interactive says

I just had a thought… What if both of you’s worked together, mihai making the composition, and then brightmorningstar could remix it, making it more upbeat!

That would definitely be an interesting experiment!

Are you’s up for it? :)

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
voxxmusic says

Have a look into my profile

i also have a band.. and edited two professional albums

myspace.com/cohenmx

myspace.com/voxxrock

facebook/cohenthecera

youtube.com/cohenmx

100 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
visualgroove says

Punky, Pop, Rock, catchy, you’ll gonna like these selected tracks from my portfolio ;)

These are more Sum 41, Avril-ish kinda song.
Get Up and Jump
We’re All Still Young and Free

This one is rockish but more catchy: Red Hot Rhythmic Rolls

Recently I produced (I compose and arrange the music) the first EP of a japanese rock style band called Soulcandy www.soulcandymusic.net

And there’s this one of my track in queue, Lady Gaga-ish kind of song. I’ll let you know when it’s up on the site ;)

I’m really interested in producing songs for pop bands. Since I’ve done a couple of times doing songs for someone else.

by
by
by
by
by
by