6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Beaker_Studio says

Hey everyone,

Basically I’m an experienced web developer, but I’m a terrible designer. So for this reason I’m looking for designers to work with on creating ThemeForest templates. I’m willing to pay a couple hundred dollars for exclusive rights to the first design. If things work out, then I’ll be willing to pay more for future designs.

I’m only interested in working with designers who already have approved content here on ThemeForest. If you are interested, then send me an email with a link to notable design work. There is a link to my website on my ThemeForest profile if you are interested in learning more about me or my work.

My apologies if this isn’t in the correct forum category. I saw similar posts here, so that’s why I posted here.

337 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Pirate_Dominic says

I’m working on my first design and i’m interested in this sent an email

35 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
fireform says

Design is a more important part of the work for TF, IMO . Usually 50/50 – designer/developer, not a couple hundred dollars ;)

69 posts
  • Located in France
rafaelrasalan says

Design is a more important part of the work for TF, IMO . Usually 50/50 – designer/developer, not a couple hundred dollars ;)

You got the word there partnuhh. Completely agreed.

6 posts
+1 more
Beaker_Studio says

While I agree that a couple hundred dollars is somewhat low for the amount of work, I disagree that it’s worth 50%, considering how many hours of work that have to be put into converting a PSD into a fully functional website. Like I said before though: the low flat rate would only be for the first item. The reason for this is that in order to pay you more, I have to make more money first. After I start making money, I would be more than willing to pay larger amounts. I have to start somewhere though :)

Also, I tend to try and avoid the partnership business model, because there is no guarantee that the contracted individual will actually get paid for his/her hard work. The flat rate model that I proposed would make it so that I personally assume all of the risk. However, if a designer is willing to take the risk of doing a partnership, then I’ll be open to negotiating a fair profit split, or alternatively doing a combination of a profit splitting with a low flat rate.

103 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
sheko_elanteko says

The 50% rate is not for just the PSD . It’s for a full static HTML template.
But again, $200 for a full PSD still low.

35 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
fireform says

While I agree that a couple hundred dollars is somewhat low for the amount of work, I disagree that it’s worth 50%, considering how many hours of work that have to be put into converting a PSD into a fully functional website. Like I said before though: the low flat rate would only be for the first item. The reason for this is that in order to pay you more, I have to make more money first. After I start making money, I would be more than willing to pay larger amounts. I have to start somewhere though :)

Also, I tend to try and avoid the partnership business model, because there is no guarantee that the contracted individual will actually get paid for his/her hard work. The flat rate model that I proposed would make it so that I personally assume all of the risk. However, if a designer is willing to take the risk of doing a partnership, then I’ll be open to negotiating a fair profit split, or alternatively doing a combination of a profit splitting with a low flat rate.

Yes, I know how many hours devs spend on conversion, but PSD is a basis of quality work and the result – high sales in the future. A code and theme features is a secondary question. For this reason, I believe that designer/coder or dev have to split 50/50.

954 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

PSD is the creative part, code is more for functionality. Without both it’s worthless. 50/50 is okay if both designer and the coder are at the same level of creativity/skill but if a designer provides a regular generic design that’s good enough only to pass the review than 50/50 is not fair. It depends really.

219 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
NuclearThemes says

This is a subject that has been discussed to death on the forums. I think we can all agree that the proposal isn’t particularly appealing.

$200 is going to get you a low quality design that isn’t likely to sell well.

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in United States
DadoD1 says

lol couple hundred dollars. that’s pretty damn offensive for some designers over here who have APPROVED content.

by
by
by
by
by
by