63 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
TerriMatheson says

Hi all! I’d really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on my portfolio. I’ve been on AudioJungle for about 6 months now, and I haven’t been overwhelmingly successful. What can I do better? Where can I improve my music? What should I focus on for future tracks, and where do you think I should direct my efforts?

958 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Looked at your profile. Looks like you are doing good. Not much there is you can do in my opinion. Write more music, so you have more to offer. Maybe look at Pinkzeebra’s profile he has pretty nice idea of making the icons of the different type of tracks to a different color. Like your collections they are different colors. But he applies a different color to a track as well. Just check his profile out and you will see what i mean :Dhttp://audiojungle.net/user/pinkzebra

63 posts
TerriMatheson says

Ok, thank you for your feedback on my profile. I will look into updating it.

Do you have any comments about the music itself? Only one of my tracks has sold more than once, and I’m wondering what I can do to improve sales of the rest.

958 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

I would not be an expert on the music. Although you got a nice track Melancholy Violin and Piano. It reminds me of Song from the secret garden by Secret garden. I love violin. ( just ordered a new set of strings last night for mine hehe ) And see, it all comes to the one thing that is called taste and of course purpose of the track. The one that sold the most sounds like it can be used for a lot of presentations or a commercial. When you start listening to that track you can start picturing a guy riding a bike in some NY park or a corporate lady or a young man with a brief case walking next to a tall glass looking building. Well you know what i mean. It can easily be implemented in a commercial. Very easily! that is why it is a good seller. And the other tracks did not find their buyer yet. Just like my tracks. I got only 5 of them but the way I make them is that they are not very versatile. But that is because my main instrument is guitar and that is what I work with. It is my strengths and it is my weakness. So my suggestion would be is just make more tracks. There will be one that will be selling. ( although it looks like you already have one ) and as well. Yesterday was the day that I was avoiding and did not want for it to happen, but it happened. I bought my self a Ukulele :). Anyway man I really am not much of a help here but I hope you get more sales . And maybe some one more experienced will be able to answer your question.

63 posts
TerriMatheson says

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond like that! Your post was really helpful, and your idea of easy to implement makes a lot of sense. Maybe Tranquil Mornings is the most popular because of how readily it blends into the background.

And, I love the violin too :) It’s my main instrument, and I’m looking forward to using it in many more songs. I hope your new strings arrive quickly and you can get right to playing!

by
by
by
by
by
by