33 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
bluerooms says

Hi Guys,

I’m looking for a good Hosting company for my new WP site. I want to get a fully managed dedicated server with good support and uptime.

Can anyone recommend a few providers?

Thanks.

5 posts
foodchinese says

I’m using Lightning Base(aff link). Crazy good support, and super duper fast. Free WP migrations and if you don’t like in the first month, they’ll refund back. Really nothing to lose here. I transferred here from Hostgator and it is no comparison.

The support really is amazing. Super friendly, quick and helpful even on stuff not relating to their service. Let me know if you have any questions about them. And my site is www.foodchinese.com.

33 posts
bluerooms says

I’m using Lightning Base(aff link). Crazy good support, and super duper fast. Free WP migrations and if you don’t like in the first month, they’ll refund back. Really nothing to lose here. I transferred here from Hostgator and it is no comparison. The support really is amazing. Super friendly, quick and helpful even on stuff not relating to their service. Let me know if you have any questions about them. And my site is www.foodchinese.com.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have been told both wpengine.com & siteground.com good for WP but they both seem to have negative reviews. Can anyone recommend any of them?

115 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
JV_Audio says

I am using Bluehost ( http://www.bluehost.com/ ) and is very nice and not too expensive. You can install WP directly from the cPanel without a hassle.

651 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

Bluerooms, who is the target market for the website? UK customers or international?

If UK based then look at a UK host as a decent host will be quicker than using a foreign host (due to latency).

If international then it doesn’t matter as much.

1483 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

I’m using Lightning Base(aff link). Crazy good support, and super duper fast. Free WP migrations and if you don’t like in the first month, they’ll refund back. Really nothing to lose here. I transferred here from Hostgator and it is no comparison. The support really is amazing. Super friendly, quick and helpful even on stuff not relating to their service. Let me know if you have any questions about them. And my site is www.foodchinese.com.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have been told both wpengine.com & siteground.com good for WP but they both seem to have negative reviews. Can anyone recommend any of them?
There is no popular hosting without negative reviews :)

Both of these are great, I personally recommend asmallorange.com, mostly because of their amazing support, but also because of stability.

1340 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Heard a lot of good things about asmallorange, though I’m a WPEngine user and definitely happy with them, a touch pricy though depending on your usage.

3560 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I’m hosting my themes at ASO (Cloud VPS) and it works awesome!

1875 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

We have a Cloud VPS at asmallorange and it’s really great and fast, handles everything we throw at it, even Ghost. Support is also very helpful.

Heard a lot of good things about asmallorange, though I’m a WPEngine user and definitely happy with them, a touch pricy though depending on your usage.

What would you say are the coolest features of WPEngine? Something that distinguishes them from the more classic competition like MT/ASO/DO? Something that would warrant the higher price tag?

33 posts
bluerooms says

@jaapvisser – I’m using bluehost for one of my sites and its not bad but I’m more of looking for a UK based hosting.

@Gareth_Gillman – Yes target audience is 100% UK. So looking for a UK based server. My problem is there way too many hostings which are great for the first few months then problems start rolling in.

@OriginalEXE – I agree. I have done lot of searching and I don’t always believe everything written in review sites but generally some specific reviews about siteground put me off completely.

@TommusRhodus – wpengine premium plans start at $600. For me its not about the money but about the service. The site gets over 125K hits a month so need a dedicated server which can be faster. My current site is on Kentico but soon moving to a WP based site. I never hosted a WP site on a ded server before thus need your expert opinion.

@RubenBristian & @freshface – I will look into asmallorange now.

Thanks a lot guys. I have checked with Rackspace hosting and they seem very good but bit too pricy. I also don’t know how good they are with WP based sites? Anyone had any experience with them?

by
by
by
by
by
by