5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
SyncThemes says

Hey everyone,

After months of work and hundreds of hours invested, we are looking for some advice from the experienced sellers on how we can change our theme to a point that it gets approved on Theme Forest.

http://socialite.syncthemes.com/

Our previous reviews brought a few issues regarding padding, image anti-aliasing and other minor details. We made the changes however upon submitting the last version were told that our design is just not unique enough, or meet the quality level in general now.

After this much work it feels like we were led to believe our design would be approved when in actuality it never had a chance in the first place. Are designers creating themes that users would like, or working for Envato staff to create designs they like – in the hopes that one day they will like it… eitherway it doesnt feel like an “open” marketplace. We created completely unique plugins like our Channelit Youtube plugin but apparently these unique features don’t mean anything unless the layout is revolutionary.

It is also frustrating to be the #1 seller on a competitor site, 3 months in a row, but can’t get approved on ThemeForest. We know the quality level is far higher on Envato, but seriously guys what does a designer have to do to get approved here?

Are we that far off from having a premium theme, please guys let us know!

Cheers, SyncThemes

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

you may want to post a link to get better feedback

2211 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+4 more
crozer says

I would be happy to help if I would know what you’re talking about.

EDIT : It needs a lot of improvements. I could start telling you every single change you would need to make, but it wouldn’t really help. As hard as it may sound, you will need to get a good grasp of typography, structural hierarchy and user-focus, white spaces and overall design aesthetics for this to get really good. Then, create a new theme from scratch (yes, a rough new start helps a lot) and try again ;)

1947 posts Do the Needful
  • Envato Staff
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Support Staff
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+7 more
JamiGibbs Staff says

Hey SyncThemes,

I changed your site link to the direct website demo instead of the link with the competitors ‘Buy Now’ link at the top. Forum rules do not allow linking to an competitor sites.

http://wiki.envato.com/community/forums-community/forum-rules/

EDIT : Also moving to Item Discussion.

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SyncThemes says

hi, sorry about posting the wrong link with the header bar… thanks for fixing Jami

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

it would get rejected on the fact its for sale on another marketplace and your an exclusive author to start…. and for too it does not have enough quality in terms of design that themeforest requires….. other marketplaces have less of a standard as here does. The typography could use improvement.. the over all feel doesn’t feel premium to me just focus on the details and all the little things

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SyncThemes says

It is only for sale on another marketplace because we havent been able to get it approved here. Once it got approved we had every intention of pulling it from the other sites and going exclusive with Envato :)

140 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
weblusive says

Me personally wouldn’t take it away from the other marketplace. I understand your reasoning, you think that if you’re constantly hitting 1st place on that marketplace, the TF which has like 20 times more visitors would bring you 10 times more money. But I must say that it doesn’t work like that. Take a look at the popular items. There are some which are on the list almost from the very creation of TF. And even if design rules have been changed, the prestige/popularity, name whatever you want it, helps those items to stay on top. Now for your works. There are a lot of of similar themes here in TF and the results may not be what you expect. On the other hand, you’re on top list on the other marketplace and people will continue buying it. So, judge yourself. Just my 2 cents :)

21 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
ReaxionGraphics says

Honestly the theme is sooo Plain Jane. Yes, in the real world of design it’s fine and a client would love it, but WOW factor is needed for selling here and is something it lacks.

Yes, I haven’t released a theme here yet, but I just did a similar design for a client, the clock says 03:52:53 (4hrs) and it is approved for a full website, but I’m not sure I’d complain if it got rejected if I submitted it here – it’s nice but not Themeforest material.

http://www.jandg.ca/vbj/

Go back and shake up that design! Get a bit edgy! If you have honestly been working on it for months and not 4 hours like me :) you might be in a rut with the design need to turn it upside down!

Go for it! :) Great doesn’t necessarily = TF

by
by
by
by
by
by