327 posts Keeping Things Simple
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
cmoreira says

Hello everyone!

I know there are already a lot of this kind of websites, where the main topic is web design and web development stuff and the main source of income is advertisement and affiliate links. But still I decided to try and make my own, to see if I could make it grow and make it profitable. I started one about 1 month ago, but still doesn’t have much. I’m slowly establishing it, and further on I will have a better solid strategy for it (SEO, etc). The main strategy would be to refer new users to the envato marketplaces. I wont share the link to this website here, as it might be against the forum rules.

I am looking for writers with web dev/design experience to publish relevant articles on the website. The usual 500 – 1000 words article related to anything that would be helpful to the web dev comunity, from ‘best ofs’, tutorials, roundups, css3, html5, etc…

I am not able to pay you for this content, but you would be able to include your own affiliate links on the articles and links to your personal websites on the author bio that would appear in the end of each article. Of course not all articles can have affiliate/referal links, otherwise google wont like it much, so 1 for each 3 articles (or similar ratio) would be ‘allowed’ to have referal links.

Would anyone be interested in writing content? I would prefer native english speakers but anyone with good english skills feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
BowtieThemes says

If, for example I write an article about best WP themes of 2012, would affiliate links to them be yours or mine? If I understood well, affiliate links are only allowed in biography section of an author :)?

+8 more
cmoreira says

Good question: If you wrote the article, the affiliate links on the article would be yours. The only thing I ask is if you want to write an article with affiliate links, you would need to write 2 other relevant articles without any.

214 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
KBRmedia says

Do you have any restrictions on affiliate links? Can it be like hosting affiliates or any other non-envato link?

+8 more
cmoreira says

The simple answer is no, I don’t have any restrictions on the affiliate links. They can be non-envato links. However of course, there shouldn’t be an abuse, the articles should be relevant to the audience (web design/dev community). The article should be relevant.

Also, the affiliate links will probably be ‘nofollow’.

by
by
by
by
by
by