8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
oohah says

Contact me at: fcsnycmarketing [(at)] gmail.com as soon as possible. Please put a reply on this thread as well so I know to look for your e-mail.

Hello Theme Forest Community,

I’ve hired some flash freelancers through Flashden before, and I have been very pleased for the most part. I am now looking for freelancers in the realm of (X)HTML, CSS , and Wordpress. I have projects that are getting ready to begin in the next 2 weeks and I need to staff them!

Here is what I am looking for in our work relationship:

HONESTY : The most important thing is that you are honest with me in regards to your time and ability. If you say you can do it, please be able to really do it. My clients are depending on me and I am depending on you.

Not every project I have requires somebody with ten years experience. I frequently have jobs come across my desk that are more appropriate for junior level people.

STICK TO DEADLINES : If you tell me you can complete a project in 5 days, I need it at that time. This has been my number one problem with freelancers, and I consider it to be unprofessional. Right this moment I have a freelancer who volunteered that he could do something in 4 days, now we are 2 weeks past that deadline. We will not be working together again.

ABOUT ME From my end, I have worked in this field on the actual production end for ten years so I have a pretty good idea of what’s going on. I used to do everything. Now I run a digital marketing company. You’ll find that I am fair, honest, and I pay on time, probably faster than anyone you’ve worked for.

PAYMENT To expand on payment, please make it easy for me to pay you! Wire transfers are expensive for me so I don’t use them except for large projects. I pay with Paypal when I cannot send you a check. If you have other arrangements to make it easy for me to pay you that is fine too. I cannot do Moneybookers, and I am not interested in Payoneer. Getafreelancer was problematic. Make it easy for me to pay you! ;-)

Skillsets I am looking for:

I am looking for the following skills in particular, but feel free to get in touch with me to tell me about other skills you can offer:

1) Standard Web Page Coding: I need people who can build standards-compliant HTML /CSS pages and sites. You should be able to code table-less pages that work in IE6 and up, Firefox, and Safari. Separation of content from presentation and all the other benefits of CSS . Do you know how to use CSS sprites? Is your code good for Google SEO ? That is what I am looking for.

2) Wordpress/Content Management Systems: Wordpress projects are on my desk all the time these days. I need people who can build Wordpress sites based on our designs provided to you in .psd format. You need to be able to create sites that don’t look like blogs but still use Wordpress as a CMS , and take advantages of features like custom fields. I prefer to stay away from plugins when possible. Sometimes this is tricky, so please make sure your skill level is up-to-par for this kind of production.

If you can construct Expressions, Drupal, Joomla, Etc. sites, get in touch with me!

3) Scripting and Programming: I especially need Javascript and PHP for my full website projects because there usually is a need for features like contact forms, galleries, etc. I really need wordpress/CSS/Javascript/PHP in one person if possible. You don’t have to be a designer, but you need to have a good eye for detail so our approved designs are executed properly.

If you are competent Ajax, Ruby, XML , etc. please tell me about it. I can’t cover every skill I am looking for in this post.

4) Flash: Flash still comes up all the time so let me know if you are good with it.

5) HTML E -Mail: HTML e-mail takes us back to old school web page building. Everything is table-based and there are spacer gifs everywhere. However, we do use inline CSS for type styling. Our HTML e-mails are usually very simple designs that fall under the category of “quickies”.

6) Quickies: I get marketing one-off projects all the time, little pages that are just a header and a form with no programming required. To give you an idea of how simple, I used to do 4-6 of them in an hour while answering phones and e-mailing. I don’t need you to do them that fast so don’t worry! U.S. and Canada are preferred for this type of work because it usually needs a quick turnaround and I need to be able to call you and work things out quickly.

7) SEO and other internet marketing services: My clients are all asking for SEO /SEM, etc. If you are good at it, let’s talk!

As I wrote above, I really have needs for all types of web related skills, so please get in touch with me and let me know what you do, what your availability is, and what your rates are. I’d like to see your portfolio or live examples of work you have completed yourself. I will only deal with freelancers who are doing the production with their own hands. I am not interested in hiring somebody who will hire somebody else, so don’t get in touch with me if this is what you do.

Again, I am very honest and straightforward. I pay on time, and I never abuse freelancers because I know what it is like to be a freelancer. I expect the people I work with to be equally honest in regard to the time they can devote to a project I hire them for, their capabilities, the amount of time/cost of a project, etc.

I have a couple of projects I need staffed immediately, and there is about to be a lot more.

Contact me at: fcsnycmarketing [(at)] gmail.com as soon as possible. Please put a reply on this thread as well so I know to look for your e-mail.

Best,

oohah

8 posts
oohah says

Sorry about the double post, something happened with the edit feature. Moderators, please delete the other thread.

Thanks,

oohah

8 posts
oohah says

I forgot one thing:

If you can design and code, that is a huge plus. We generally do all of our own design, but we are looking to add designers to our team as well.

oohah

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
mads says

I sent you an E-mail. Hope to hear from you soon :)

8 posts
oohah says

Thanks for the replies to em so far. Please put Theme Forest in the subject line so I can find you in my inbox, and please don’t forget to let me know you sent me an e-mail here!

Thanks,

oohah

151 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Keenpixel says

I sent an email also!

204 posts Bold WordPress Theme Development
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
srhnbr says

I hope I’m not too late-I’ve send you an email as well.

951 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

Yeah, I sent one too..

5 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market