1560 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

So I have a demo that I was going to finish today for this awesome project and I’ve lost my iLok which has my EWQL SO Gold license on. So it looks like I may just have to recommend a tune from AJ, which I don’t want to do as this will be a nice addition to my portfolio.

Is there anyway I can have a new license emailed to me, so that I can use my software ASAP? Or will I just have to wait for a new iLok through the post and then download new licenses onto that or something? If anyone has had a similar experience and found a solution, let me know! :)

812 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
delgibbons says

Ah crap. You got the play version or Kontakt? I have both…do they both use ilok?

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

Ah crap. You got the play version or Kontakt? I have both…do they both use ilok?

Just Play, Play does but I’m not sure about Kontakt. After reading on the website it seems I won’t just be able to get another code. I’ve written to support, so I guess I’ll just have to wait :/

812 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
delgibbons says

If I was in the studio today I could have bounced out ur midi for you lol

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

ha thanks mate but I actually needed to work on the project, I already bounced a demo but I wanted to finish the composition off properly. :)

2014 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

No Sam, you didn’t!!! Generally you can buy I new Ilok, but you won’t get the license replaced without buying it again, except if you have “Zero Downtime”. Check this: http://www.ilok.com/broken-lost-stolen-iloks.html
But maybe you have good luck? I wish it to you!!!
Maybe you can work with your Kontakt VSL Strings in meantime (those are pretty good , it’s a limited edition of Vienna Symphonic Libraries).
Wish you good luck and I hope you find it!!

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

Hi mate, I have EWSO Gold, the mic packs, and the rest of the ‘Composers Collection’ on an iLok. Even if EW send you new licenses (which is doubtful) you need to pair them with another iLok.

All I can offer is to bounce out your stems for you like Matt had suggested. I am sure your iLok will turn up soon though mate, CABLE TIE IT TO YOU COMPUTER. Haha. Also, why do you need new licenses? Do you not keep a copy of the licenses written down somewhere?

And on a slightly different note, try and move away from PLAY if you can, I have and its the best thing I ever did, too many memory leaks, EW support is awful, plus you need to use a bloody iLok!

Either way, hope you get it sorted mate!

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

No Sam, you didn’t!!! Generally you can buy I new Ilok, but you won’t get the license replaced without buying it again, except if you have “Zero Downtime”. Check this: http://www.ilok.com/broken-lost-stolen-iloks.html
But maybe you have good luck? I wish it to you!!!
Maybe you can work with your Kontakt VSL Strings in meantime (those are pretty good , it’s a limited edition of Vienna Symphonic Libraries).
Wish you good luck and I hope you find it!!

Thanks for the tips dude, I actually used the Kontakt strings in the end, very limited compared to EWQL (not many levels of velocity it seemed and not many articulations) but better than the standard ones that come with Logic Pro :)

I will be sending off for a new iLok, I just wanted to see if there was some solution in the meantime. I haven’t left my room with it so it must be somewhere!

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

Hi mate, I have EWSO Gold, the mic packs, and the rest of the ‘Composers Collection’ on an iLok. Even if EW send you new licenses (which is doubtful) you need to pair them with another iLok.

All I can offer is to bounce out your stems for you like Matt had suggested. I am sure your iLok will turn up soon though mate, CABLE TIE IT TO YOU COMPUTER. Haha. Also, why do you need new licenses? Do you not keep a copy of the licenses written down somewhere?

And on a slightly different note, try and move away from PLAY if you can, I have and its the best thing I ever did, too many memory leaks, EW support is awful, plus you need to use a bloody iLok!

Either way, hope you get it sorted mate!

Hey dude, thanks for the advice, I don’t know why I didn’t write them down! Thanks for the offer but the tracks done now with the Vienna library that comes with Komplete 8.

I plan to move away from Play to be honest, it’s just that EWQL was the first sample lib I ever bought and didn’t know much back then. I may look into the options for switching to EWQL using the Kontakt engine. Unless you can install it for either using the same disks? I will have to look into it.

1560 posts
+4 more
SoundFix says

Also great shout about the cable tie ha! Only problem is I work from A MacBook Pro so it would be dangling about everywhere. I definitely need to find a better system other than ‘leaving on desk’

by
by
by
by
by
by