2098 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

well my problem is i have lost my silver badge for helping copyright prevention, not sure if this has happened to anyone else it is a bit wierd, or does it get timed out?

2201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

It times out after a month. You get gold if you’re really good, that doesn’t time out.

Now where the heck is my silver badge, I caught 6 icon packs yesterday during review :P and an additional 4 authors ripping.

193 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says

It gets timed out after one month I believe. If you want one that sticks, you’ll have to prevent copyright issues more than once. You’ll get the gold badge.

Edit: Lol, I forgot to press the post reply button, which is why Arik beat me. I was checking out Google Wave, I was just invited. :)

2098 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
It times out after a month. You get gold if you’re really good, that doesn’t time out. Now where the heck is my silver badge, I caught 6 icon packs yesterday during review :P and an additional 4 authors ripping.

Cheers i was wondering why, and i had just begun to build up my collection of badges.

I shall have to keep an eyeout for those people out there cheating!

out of interest ArikB, what happens to a user if they have an item removed for copyright reasons, also what if it is spotted to late and people buy it, wont they then use it illegally and i would have thought there would be ramifications for envato as they sold it, or is it all down to the user.

also how big a problem is it are people that stupid to take really well known files and try to pass tehm of aas there own?

2201 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
ArikB says

The account gets locked, as far as the rest is concerned, e-mail support, they have the answers.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Imagination says

Hey guys, I’m a bit new here. Could you please tell me how you spot a “scammer” on GraphicRiver? I did not know that you were getting rewarded for reporting scammers, as I did not know GraphicRiver even had such a thing. How do I spot someone trying to scam someone else?

659 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+3 more
luckykind says
Hey guys, I’m a bit new here. Could you please tell me how you spot a “scammer” on GraphicRiver? I did not know that you were getting rewarded for reporting scammers, as I did not know GraphicRiver even had such a thing. How do I spot someone trying to scam someone else?

You look them square in the eyes… and you say,

“What in thrashing tar nations? Where is it that thou hath done to that thing there?”

If they look confused… they’re probably alright… walk away. However, if they start quivering like a willy nilly… you know you caught one!

Happy Hunting!

1912 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TPN Envato team says
“What in thrashing tar nations? Where is it that thou hath done to that thing there?”

:D:D

1912 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TPN Envato team says
It times out after a month. You get gold if you’re really good, that doesn’t time out. Now where the heck is my silver badge, I caught 6 icon packs yesterday during review :P and an additional 4 authors ripping.
out of interest ArikB, what happens to a user if they have an item removed for copyright reasons

You can find the answer here

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

if you so much after thos badges, create some accounts at most known sites and start hunting them down…after 15-20 reports, you get your golden sheriff. Continue on, you get an additional silver badge :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by