2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
bmacstudio says

Not sure how to qualify this, as it would need to be for major updates, but I love the idea of supporting the developers who continue to improve their theme. Also a way to give some themes a second look if they don’t do well the first time around. I know it’s all quite complicated…Just something I would like.

Also, even if there was a way to indicate when the last update was on the thumb view/hover tile.

636 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Hell yes. The profit potential of items not released this week is completely underrepresented on the marketplace and less you stay in top sellers. Authors who support their products and customers need to be compensated for ongoing work.

See this thread: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/lifetime-free-theme-updates/104160

537 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Totally agree.

If you don’t make that top sellers list then your product is mixed in, severely underrepresented.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
bmacstudio says

I guess I don’t understand why it’s not even a category in the sorting options. Seems like like a no-brainer…Am I missing something?

358 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Well, probably Envato is worried that authors might ‘abuse’ it by doing frequent minor updates (which will add to the reviewer’s workload). Also, it is difficult to determine whether an update is ‘major’ (it’s very subjective).

What I would suggest is, perhaps, themes should be shown in this new section if the last update / release date was at least X months ago (maybe 2 / 3 months?). In this case, authors are also encouraged to support their theme for a longer duration since they will get ‘rewarded’ for that. Also, authors would rather add more features into each update rather than having minor updates every few weeks.

I personally have been updating my theme periodically for almost a year since it was released (still doing some updates now) and it’s definitely much more ‘refined’ than it was at the time of release, but I don’t think many people check my updated theme after getting ‘drowned’ in hundreds of new themes released throughout the months.

by
by
by
by
by
by