• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

Hello folks,

As you might know, Lumia 920 is almost out too, so my question is: what your pick? the iPhone 5 or the Lumia 920 ?

All of them have high-end specs, the Lumia 920 comes out with the camera OIS technology while the iPhone is really lightweight (unlike Lumia 920 that has 180grams), also Lumia off-line turn-by-turn GPS navigation and wireless charging that might be a plus for some of us.

I have a Lumia 800 and looking for an upgrade, but I’m undecided.

110 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
AGSoft says

Nether. The Galaxy S3 is still better than both. :/

167 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
michaeldale says

I disagree, the S3 feels plastic and cheap. I know someone that has one that bends when it is in his pocket and switches off.

For myself personally 4” is about the maximum screen size I could cope with, my hands are too small.

I own a Nexus 7, PlayBook, TouchPad and iPad; I find the Nexus 7 to have the worst operating system. It works fine, I just don’t like it.

I own an iPhone 5 and am very happy with it.

1250 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Pricop says

Nether. The Galaxy S3 is still better than both. :/

Why is S3 better than Lumia for example? Also I agree with michaeldale, I’ve played around on an S3 and really feels like cheap plastic to be honest, but it’s a matter of taste I guess.

121 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • India
rabidflash says

The only phone that I’m looking forward right now is Sony’s xperia v

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sabceviTlEE

it’s a beauty..

213 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
themelux says

I’m an iPhone fanatic and love mine so I’d say the iPhone. But what would your primary use for the phone be? Is it just everyday use?

1250 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Pricop says

I’m an iPhone fanatic and love mine so I’d say the iPhone. But what would your primary use for the phone be? Is it just everyday use?

The primary use of the phone will be what it was meant for, to call and called back, but other than that – surfing the web, reading emails, and some messenger stuff, which I am really disappointed at the moment because Yahoo didn’t released an app for WP.

1466 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

I would personally go with a Lumia 920 because for the same price it has better hardware (and it looks super sexy).

But it really depends, negative side of Lumia would be lack of some apps (for example you mentioned messenger). If it’s crucial to you, then go with and iPhone or maybe some Android based phone.

1250 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Pricop says

I would personally go with a Lumia 920 because for the same price it has better hardware (and it looks super sexy). But it really depends, negative side of Lumia would be lack of some apps (for example you mentioned messenger). If it’s crucial to you, then go with and iPhone or maybe some Android based phone.

Yes, it’s kinda crucial, at the moment I’m using a 3rd app to replace the Y!Messenger, but – since the WP8 will have native C++ and C support I guess they will finally develop one for WP.

336 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
RikdeVos says

Windows Phone is the worst, don’t buy the Lumia 920. The UI is very boring, uneasy to use and there are only a handful apps compared to iOS and Android. The phone looks nice and the specs are great, but it’s the OS that ruins it for this phone.

I have an iPhone 5 and I’m very happy with it. However, any high-end android phone like the Samsung Galaxy SIII or the HTC One X (or even the upcoming HTC ’s from this year) are all excellent choices, just don’t go for Windows Phone. Some of my friends have Windows Phone’s and they’re not happy with it.

by
by
by
by
by
by