389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
RZDESIGN says

Hello everyone!

Today my first PSD Template for ThemeForest got rejected. I got the following mail with it:

We’re sorry, your item luvvable – portfolio template with luvv has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this template. Unfortunately, due to our current quality standards, your template has been declined.

Your template’s design does not meet our quality standards at this time and will need significant improvements before it will be ready to be reviewed again. You might consider taking a look at some of our popular premium items to get a better idea for the quality level of graphics, typography and general design that we require for approval.

At this stage in the design I am, unfortunately, not able to provide more specific feedback other than what I’ve stated above (the design needs overall, general improvements). With further improvements I may be able to provide more specific feedback.

If you’re not sure where to begin improving your template from here, you might consider seeking feedback via our forums or sites such as http://Dribbble.com, http://ConceptFeedback.com or http://Forrst.com. These are all fantastic resources to seek feedback from fantastic designers.

Before resubmitting, please be sure to see these common rejection factors: http://wiki.envato.com/selling/selling-rejections/themeforest-common-rejection-factors/ Please ensure that your template meets the requirements mentioned at the above listed link.

Thanks so much for your submission and I hope you continue submitting more items in the future.

If you have any questions about this review, you can reply to this message to open a new support ticket in which I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please check our marketplace wiki for answers to commonly asked questions before replying to this review message with any questions you may have.

Once again, thanks so much for the submission. Hopefully, you’ll submit more templates in the future.

Now I would love to know what’s wrong it it. I have made a lot of items for GraphicRiver until now, but would love to know the main reason why this design (PSD Template) got rejected. Is it because:

• Design is not goo enough
  • Buil-up/hierarchy for the layout is ‘wrong’
  • Text/font wise? Size, whitespace, enters.
  • Or anything else?

Here are some preview/exampled of the whole layout. I’m hoping to get some improvement tips or anything, sine I wold love to get this PSD template up and running on ThemeForest.

Preview images:

Thanks in advance!

Regards, RZDESIGN – Ricardo de Zoete

156 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SachaG says

I think it’s just that the template is not original enough. Don’t be afraid to let your creativity show through a little more! People who buy PSD templates usually buy them to learn from them or to adapt them, so I think it’s ok to be a little wilder than with a ready-to-use html or wordpress theme.

For example you could accentuate the warm and fuzzy feeling by using textures in more places, and accentuating the yarn/fabric theme.

From a more practical point of view, I would also say there are too many buttons. For example I can count 10 of them on the homepage, whereas most templates usually have a single call to action. And don’t use the same button style for the current page in the nav, since it’s not clickable.

Lastly, you should fill in the homepage slider with some sample content. You could use your GraphicRiver items, it would be a great way to cross promote them (as long as you don’t give out the whole file inside the theme of course).

Let me know if that helps! PM me if you want more advice or if you want to chat about it :)

13 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
ozonostudio says

Ok, the design looks great, but too simple, you can improve the design in general, looks to flat, and i don’t like the fabric style, remember, the hard feedbacks are always the better because i’m objective and i like all your work, but this looks to flat

389 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
RZDESIGN says

Thanks guys, I will take your replies very seriously, and this will help me a lot. Also, just realized all my included PSD files were 1600px wide instead of 1200px. Forgot to change that in the PSD files (did change them in the j

by
by
by
by
by
by