396 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
aRtlessX says

So I’m curious what everyone is working on, a Mac or a Pc? Let’s see if it’s a myth that as a rule, graphic/web/etc designers use (or should be using) a Mac, since it’s been quite a while that designing applications are common for both platforms.

Personally, my first computer (aaaages ago) was a mac. Get this: PowerMac 6100/60. Yes sir you read that right. It was considered a speed rocket back then lmao. 8mb of ram!!!! 250mb HDD !!!!! (enter ‘wow’ here lol). Again, yes sir. I was just out of school, looking for a job and everyone was asking for a mac user. So my choice was based on that in terms of practice and learning and it certainly served its purpose (which was a good thing since the damn thing costed a fortune back then). Poor thing is still here eating dust for the last decate+ ofcourse, literally a dinosaur for the museam but I don’t even have the heart to give it away for recycle. That 15’’ CRT screen is still like new and literally saved my a** on crisis moments in later years, ha!.

Anyway, when it was time to get another one, a pc was a one way $ street at that point. It was for entertainment home use, not work (though I had no problem working on it whenever some project came my way) and I simply fell in love with PCs. When I decided that I needed a laptop three years ago, there was no question that it was gonna be a pc again and this time it wasn’t b/c of $. But maybe that was a safe choice since all these years it was a conscious desicion not to take on any work on my own (just rarely, every now and then for friends in need). And all these years I’ve been working with a Mac at work, so it’s not like I would miss them, 8-10-12-16h /day was enough, me thinks. When I came back home after work, I simply didn’t want to see a mac in a mile away hahaha. :silly: Now, if freelance goes on a more permanent work status for me, next buy will probably be a mac I guess.

So what is everyone using?

1236 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
HarveyDesign Volunteer moderator says

Why stick to one?

Both. :)

ConstantinPotorac
ConstantinPotorac Recent Posts Threads Started
645 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+11 more
ConstantinPotorac Envato team says

Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… :D (Trying to convince you all to do it) expensive but worth it :D

507 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
SevoDesign says

I have a mac! I agree ^^

396 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
aRtlessX says
Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… Mac… :D (Trying to convince you all to do it) expensive but worth it :D
LOL Constantin. At some point I will have to settle for both I guess like Harvey, but apple/mac doesn’t inspire me so far for technological monogamy. :silly:
308 posts
  • Located in Netherlands
Pandebus says

Mac :D I love their design, and I love my design… sooo, well, erm. it goes together well I suppose :D

178 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
JinWook says

PC, cause I’m just cool like that. ;)

369 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature