153 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
AphroditeDesign says

I want buy a Mac for my web design projects but I dont know if its better because I didnt work on Mac before… What do you prefer? My choice is MacBook Pro with 24” monitor…

741 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says

The only thing that you can use on Mac and cannot on Windows is Coda. Every other web design software you will find on both machines. So if you don’t care spending two times as much $ for underpowered computer with nice OS than yes, buy a Mac :) I actually work on both PC and Mac and really can’t tell you which is better in means of work. You know – Photoshop on PC and Photoshop on Mac is the same thing. On Mac I have expose which I’m pretty in love with, but my PC is fast as hell.

921 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

I’m personally a PC based web designer… I have nothing against Macs at all, it just seems that PC apps are more readily available and get updated more often (thanks for the Apple v. Adobe rivalry). It’s totally a personal choice though – but PC’s are a lot cheaper in just about every aspect.

153 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
AphroditeDesign says

Why so many designers use Mac than? I think that Mac is better for design, but I am not sure..

1603 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+8 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

I use Mac and have been using it for almost 4 years now and I will never change back to PC again..

A few reasons why you should choose Mac

1. OSX are safer and more stable than Windows
2. Better for creating music, videos and photo rendering
3. Easier to use
4. Easy to learn
5. ALOT easier to install/uninstall programs (just drag and drop)

These reasons will have to do for now.. If anyone else have some other reasons please feel free to add :)

And of course, PC have some great pointers to use that to but I still love Mac and will always use Mac.. I even have an iPod Touch and an iPhone so you can call me Apple nerd :P

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
The only thing that you can use on Mac and cannot on Windows is Coda. Every other web design software you will find on both machines. So if you don’t care spending two times as much $ for underpowered computer with nice OS than yes, buy a Mac :) I actually work on both PC and Mac and really can’t tell you which is better in means of work. You know – Photoshop on PC and Photoshop on Mac is the same thing. On Mac I have expose which I’m pretty in love with, but my PC is fast as hell.

Oh c’mon. Don’t start a flame war please. Mac’s aren’t underpowered, but I’ll agree that they’re a bit overpriced. Also, there are plenty of apps on Mac that aren’t on Windows. Since you can just run a Windows VM, you can get just about any Windows application on a Mac.

- -

Neither platform is better than the other except to those who prefer it. In my opinion, OS X is worth getting a Mac by itself. PC users tend to say OS X has no advantage over Windows but I disagree. I think OS X is better for productivity and creativity (PC users will fight me to the death on the former).

I’ve used both platforms and I’ll never switch back to Windows. Anyway, that’s just my opinion.

I think more designers use Mac’s because years ago Mac was the best platform for it. That’s not really the case any more but I think designers are still drawn to the OS.

Plus, the iPhone is just awesome. :-)

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

I try to stay as unbiased as possible – if only because it sickens me when I see the “Get a Mac, dude” comments left on SO many threads like this.

It all comes down to personal preference. As I’ve mentioned before, I prefer to use both side by side. You can buy/build a really nice PC for only about $700-$800 now, so it’s worth it to me to use both.

Now if I could only use one platform for web dev?? I’d go with a Mac.

145 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JJenZz says

I just bought a MacBook Pro yesterday! It should arrive on Thursday and I’m mega excited =)

Will let you know how I get on with it (I’ve never owned one before).

2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
davidomoyele says

Once you go mac you’ll never go back…

-jk

707 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
ChillThemes says

I’ll be switching to Mac next month, I’ve used Windows for so long. It’s time to change it up a bit, and use a different OS.

by
by
by
by
by
by