2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I’m going to buy the $169 bundle – you get ilife, iwork and snow leopard full version – I have all the i-apps but the previous versions so that’s a nice upgrade and then instead of the $29 upgrade disk (not the full install people!) – then if I need to format the hard drive and start from the beginning I have a single dik to install – if you get the $29 upgrade you will need to install leopard then install snow leopard – yuk!

I think at $169 it's a great deal (iWork and iLife are $79 each that means you really pay $10 for the FULL snow leopard - not bad at all.
177 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
stylus1274 says

I hear you on that but I could care less about iLife, iWork and iSuck…

So I don’t need a full install…just a smoother running system.

Well hopefully

1620 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

I will upgrade to Snow Leopard in a couple of month was the idea.. But I´ve been offered to purchase it for $9.95 from Apple since I´ve sold their computers a while back.. But I guess I´ll wait instead.. I want some reviews before i purchase to see the major difference between Leopard and Snow Leopard..

We will see what happens though :)

364 posts Onuro
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeKioken says

I’ve been testing the golden master version of Leopard and despite all seems ok, it definitely is not compatible with all apps for mac yet.

So my personal suggestion is that you wait until at least the end of the year so that all apps release their update for the snow leo compatibility =)

No biggie anyways, just a little faster performance, better and nicer finder (I didn’t like the interface though) and some more small tweaks.

I’m just a little disappointed though. Apple wanted to hire me for the OSX team UI team back in early 2009, didn’t get the job though but I’m not sure if they could succeed in keeping Leopard UI intact with their new team (I bet I could draw that new Quicktime icon much better=p).

I haven’t been very fond of the new darker context menus, dark scrollers etc. The new additional UI elements just don’t fit the rest of the original OSX Leo UI.

Basing the new finder under Cocoa is awesome choice, but not without flourishing the looks of it a bit more. I felt like they did most stuff in a rush or something.

But hey, it’s Apple I’m still loving it more than anything

177 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
stylus1274 says

Down with Microsoft I say…down with the Evil Empire!!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by