153 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Genem says

Yesterday my black macbook started to have some issues. I originally thought it was because of overheating (we’re having a heat wave, so it gets a bit toasty), but now I think its hardware issues. What happens is it randomly freezes (while I was writing this, it froze at least 10+ times), and it un-freezes when I give it a little shake.

Is there anything I can do on my end without having to take it to the store?

738 posts
    Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in United States Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Jar says

Doesn’t mean it isn’t from overheating, could be damaged from the (over)heat. If you have a warranty I’d see if you could get them to look into it for free. Those things cost an arm and a leg so I’d expect they would.

153 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Genem says

Thanks for the reply. Its all good now, though. Turns out that spotlight was indexing the hard drive, which resulted in crazy CPU usage.

...and my warranty ran out almost a year ago, so it’s a good thing that the possibility of a tragedy was avoided. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by