465 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
phpbits says

Hi Everyone,

I’m planning to buy macbook pro, just want to know if there will be new release (read from rumors) this 2013.

Thanks!

462 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
styleWish says

Don’t buy now. A new macbook pro is coming soon. The next iteration will provide slight processor improvements along with increases in battery life. http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/macbook-pro/

3698 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I’ve been telling people not to buy ever since June, so surely it should be here any day now.. Or it could take another half a year :P

You never know. I guess it all depends on how much you need it at the moment – are you working reasonably fine on another machine with no purchase deadline coming up, or did your previous laptop break down on you all of a sudden?

..personally, I’d wait :chuckle:

465 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
phpbits says

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been waiting for 2months already and I’m not sure if the rumors are right.

I’ve been working on another machine right now and fine with me to wait again for the next month :)

531 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
simonswiss says

I was in the same situation and then my old laptop died so i HAD to make a purchase – after a few suggestions here on the forums i opted for a macbook air (recently updated) with an 8GB RAM boost.

I couldn’t be happier with it, it’s blazing fast at everything it does, illustrator, photoshop..the battery lasts very long..

It struggles a tiny bit with after effects and adobe premiere, but still, it gets the job done.

I guess the limitation is the 13 inch screen and no retina, but in terms of power, portability and battery life, i am very satisfied with the macbook air!

by
by
by
by
by
by