12 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
DigitalFame says

Hi there!

I`m setting up a Magento shop for a floorcovering retailer. I need to display product prices based on square meter but selling them in box which contains various amounts of boards. for example one box is 2.75m2. So when you increase quantity in the cart is actualy in ‘boxes/cartons’.

A similar example can be found here: ukflooringdirect.co.uk

Questions: - Is this possible to achive ‘out of the box’ ? - If not, is there a (RELIABLE) plugin for that ?

If anybody has the interest helping me out or showing me the right direction, wheter for free or for money please contact me or drop an answer here.

Thanks!

590 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Here’s the thing: you’re trying to charge for a unit but you don’t sell in that unit. That’s not only over complicated to implement technically, but it’s hella confusing for the customer.

Think of a similar situation like buying cereal. You buy cereal by the box. Maybe it’s 12 ounces and it costs $4. The price per pound is about $5.33 but that’s just supplemental info. It’s not the price and you never pay by the pound because you can’t rip apart boxes in the grocery store.

You should treat price per square meter as an attribute. It’s just supplemental info for the customer. It has no bearing on the transaction quantity.

12 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
DigitalFame says

Hi!

Thanx for the reply!

Your analogy is rather funky but the attribute approach is what I need :) Then I guess I can display the attribute on front`s list view instead of the original price. Thnx Again!

2 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
unitedsol says

Guys there is a plugin for this. If you enter an Area its going to spit out the boxes you need for that area. You have to do the backend setting as in 1 Box = x squarearea etc

Have a look http://www.fmeextensions.com/magento-box-calculator.html

3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Thanks for the link, but i think that in 9 months he achieved what he wanted :)

2 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
unitedsol says

Figured i would share if anyone else was looking for a plugin and doesn’t have to get one done from Scratch.

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

Figured i would share if anyone else was looking for a plugin and doesn’t have to get one done from Scratch.

Yep, always good to have a link for people searching through Google etc. Thanks.

by
by
by
by
by
by