962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anybody would be interested in helping me install Magento. Everything I do, nothing works. I’ve installed it on three different servers now and all three, I’m getting the same error either during or after installation. Maybe someone can install it for me who has had some experience? The error I am getting is this:

“There has been an error procession your request. Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.”

Thanks everyone :)

962 posts
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

Please? :)

637 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says
962 posts
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says
Start here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-know-if-my-server-is-compatible-with-magento

Thanks man. I already started here though :) The test comes back successful, stating that my server meets all the requirements, though I have no clue why I still keep getting this error. I have completely removed Magento from my server, re-downloaded the package from Magento’s website and am currently re uploaded all the files now. If this doesn’t work, I am giving up :)

637 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

You’re about 900x better off installing via SSH installer and updating with pear: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/installing_magento_via_shell_ssh/

Also, shared hosting + Magento = suicide, I wouldn’t try running on anything less than a dedicated virtual environment.

962 posts
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

I have no idea where to begin installing Magento via SSH . Also, I am actually having a little better luck working on my shared server rather than my dedicated server. At least my shared server was actually installing fully before I get any errors. My dedicated server won’t even launch the installation wizard.

See for yourself, http://www.themeattic.net/ (just an old domain name to test stuff on)

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

Have you made sure that your server has all of the requirements for Magento? I’ve been running a magento site on my dedicated server for about a year now, but back in the beginning I remember finding out that my server did not have all the PHP requirements.

So, I callled my hosting company and just paid them their $75/hr rate to just quickly install the couple of PHP addons I was missing.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements

18 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
TheyAreUs says

best thing i can suggest to rule out any errors you may be causing with the installation to save time would be to give it a shot on XAMPP , try SSH though and make sure your cache is clean before install (this probably won’t make any difference but prevention of conflicts)

I’m testing on XAMPP at the moment for design purposes and saves a lot of time good luck!

and i hope some one can give you a definitive answer, just check and double check compatibility :)

all the best!

1182 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says

Also, have you tried contacting your host about this? Maybe it’s something they can fix?

962 posts
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says
Also, have you tried contacting your host about this? Maybe it’s something they can fix?

Yup, it appears their servers block Magento because it is on the Economy Hosting plan. I really am starting to not like GoDaddy.

Would this be a good solution? http://www.siteground.com/magento-hosting.htm

I’m not interested in paying GoDaddy $129.99/month for a dedicated server. I just need something that I can easily manage and am not starting anything like Amazon. Would SiteGround be a good solution?

by
by
by
by
by
by