240 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rarepearldesign says
Nice!

I have built 4 or 5 Magento sites in the past year – a one off theme is quite a bit of work (from design to complete I have anywhere from 80-160 hrs into each). I am curious, what will the price range for these be?

Also, be sure to check out Magento 1.4 – its templating system is much different than previous releases as it is based off parent/child themes.

Cheers, Bret

That’s a ton of hours, holy hell.

34 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
beardedFish says
Nice!

I have built 4 or 5 Magento sites in the past year – a one off theme is quite a bit of work (from design to complete I have anywhere from 80-160 hrs into each). I am curious, what will the price range for these be?

Also, be sure to check out Magento 1.4 – its templating system is much different than previous releases as it is based off parent/child themes.

Cheers, Bret

Lol, which is why I want to know what they will sell for before I start one ;)

On the high end those had a lot of custom options that probably wouldn’t be put into a theme for TF; needless to say that are significantly more work and complicated than a WP theme!

Bret

240 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
rarepearldesign says
Nice!

Cheers, Bret

On the high end those had a lot of custom options that probably wouldn’t be put into a theme for TF; needless to say that are significantly more work and complicated than a WP theme!

Bret

Yeah, I am guessing they won’t be much/any higher than Wordpress themes. Most themes here are worth WAY MORE , just like your Magento themes would be…but the marketplace is about long term residual income over actual single item sale value.

34 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
beardedFish says
Nice!

Cheers, Bret

Bret
Yeah, I am guessing they won’t be much/any higher than Wordpress themes. Most themes here are worth WAY MORE , just like your Magento themes would be…but the marketplace is about long term residual income over actual single item sale value.

Yea, there are tons wonderful WP themes for a real low cost on here, I suppose that is half the appeal to buyers.

Needless to say I am exited to see the tremendous growth of Magento making its way onto TF!

Cheers, Bret

by
by
by
by
by
by