5 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
FormCommander says

Hello, I would like to replace the PHP mailer to mailto in the Metromega HTML template like: <form id=”contactme” class=”form-dark” name=”cform” method=”get” action=”mailto:myname@mydomain.com”> But it does not work. regards Rudolf

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

I haven’t used mailto in over 10 years, but if memory serves me correctly, mailto should be in an href attribute of an a tag. It is not a good idea to expose an email address in a link because it is easy for spammers to scrape.

5 posts
FormCommander says
Hello, I need it because on this sever I have no PHP. Can I call the script from another server ? I have tried to copy the site to another server where PHP is installed, but still does not work. If can call the script mail.php in the browser and get messages regarding empty fields, so it works so far. I have seen a debuggin mode, where can I see the debug messages ? The mail account is correct defined in the script, so it cannot be the problem, I have also tried to call the script in the browser like this: http://www.mydomain/phpmailer/mail.php?firstname='myfirstname'&lastname='mylastname'&email='teste@formcommander.net'&subject='Subjekt'&message='info' then I geht the message Mailer Error: Message body empty regards Rudolf
5 posts
FormCommander says

Hello, Problem solved, I have copied phpmailer to my other server with PHP and call it from there. regards Rudolf

by
by
by
by
by
by