AmigoProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
AmigoProductions says

Hey everyone. I’ve felt the need to raise this point a few times in the past but I always stopped myself for some reason..

As a new author, I’m a little frustrated by the really short exposure time my items get on the main page. Obviously, there are tons of new items coming out all the time, and you can only have your items there for a certain amount of time..

But what happened to me 3 times in a row was that after my item was approved and was in the top left corner – it stayed there for half an hour max before it was 4-5th in that row. And in the best case scenario, my item was on the main page for 3 – 5 hours before it was gone.

I don’t know what a good solution for this is, that’s why I’m raising this point, but maybe it make sense to have a constant cycle? For example every 4 hours have 5 new items added to the main page? That way each new file will have the same amount of exposure time (but on the other hand it will probably slow down the que which isn’t great..)

I understand there isn’t a magic solution for this.. It’s just that nowadays when there are so many amazing authors and such a huge amount of choice, it’s hard for new authors like myself to get started. And that main page exposure time is a wonderful opportunity to get exposure.

Maybe there could be a “New authors items” panel on the left or something? I don’t know, but I would like to see some kind of help..

Any ways, I’d love to hear your thoughts about this.. Thanks!

2295 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

I think it’s a good idea to automate the process of the release-time like you said: every 1-2 hours a new item.

Now it’s like: 10 hours no new files, then 1 hour long 50 new files – then again 10 hours no new files. If you are one of the first of every “wave”, you literally start at the bottom.

But again, chances are the same for everyone here.

also I don’t think main page exposure is something worth worrying about. I can remember a thread where a buyer said he always goes to the category he is looking for, instead of looking at the tiny – nonsaying thumbnails at frontpage.

I guess many buyers do it this way.

So, basically it’s better to use your time working than thinking about your main page exposure

AmigoProductions
AmigoProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
AmigoProductions says

I think it’s a good idea to automate the process of the release-time like you said: every 1-2 hours a new item. Now it’s like: 10 hours no new files, then 1 hour long 50 new files – then again 10 hours no new files. If you are one of the first of every “wave”, you literally start at the bottom.

+1, I really hope this is something possible. And actually it doesn’t have to effect the que. Items can be approved all the time, but instead of having 50 files appear on the main page in 1 hour, release them separately. Authors who are notified of an approved item can start promoting it right away after it’s approved. And then theoretically it will appear on the main page after 5-6 (?) hours of approval..

also I don’t think main page exposure is something worth worrying about. I can remember a thread where a buyer said he always goes to the category he is looking for, instead of looking at the tiny – nonsaying thumbnails at frontpage. I guess many buyers do it this way. So, basically it’s better to use your time working than thinking about your main page exposure

I completely agree that I working on new templates is more important than worrying about the main page exposure, no question about that. And I also believe like you said, that most buyers scan the category lists apposed to constantly checking the main page.

But then there are items on the main page that already have 3-6 sales because a huge number of people had a chance to see them.. See what I mean? And that’s an excellent ‘head start’..

The bottom line is it would be nice if there was an equal amount of exposure for each new item, and perhaps a “featured new authors” tab similar to the featured author tab.

576 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
azamshah72v says

agreed with both

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
russvirtual says

Good point guys! I think fixed main page exposure time would be fair for all fellow marketplace authors.

1567 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Agree! Good idea to have automated release time depend on how many items in the quee.

Best Regards, Andrey

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
416 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
DsignProductions says

Agreed! Exept with that ‘new authors items’ panel.
To new authors: Don’t expect easy money.

by
by
by
by
by
by