3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Happy weekend people!

I’ve got a couple of questions – I’m working on some print items right now and I’ve got some logos that I might submit to the logos category. Would they be acceptable if they are also being used on other items, such as a business card? Also, I have 3 logos – a computer, a games console and a phone, all in a similar style. So would I upload that as one logo item?

Cheers, have a good weekend, and be safe in the stormy parts.

844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

I had also same question ! Thanks for create this thread before me. But i think answer should be yes. But problem is you can create lots of different different design using one single concept; so what will happen when you create 100 of logo design and sell them as an one logo items ! :silly: I don’t think it’s a good idea. Suggestion is; sell them individually with few color variation. Another suggestion is sell them individually with business card or icons as a bonus item.

Cheers …. :)

2126 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

The new LOGO TEMPLATES Category have a NEW and DIFFERENT License then your typical Letterhead/Business Card items.

With the LOGO TEMPLATE Category, the License includes more use variables.

So, probably you should Release it as just a LOGO TEMPLATE .

2075 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Like Graphic-Studio said, the licenses for logos are different. Our standard license, which is what the print template and vector categories use, wouldn’t allow you to use the items as logos. To use an item as a logo, the buyer needs the logos license.

2126 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says
ToivoMedia said
Also, I have 3 logos – a computer, a games console and a phone, all in a similar style. So would I upload that as one logo item?

Sounds Like you might have 3 Logo Items to submit (?).

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

So what I understand is, it is possible to have logo items which might be used in some form in another item? Since the licences are specific for each. Obviously you wouldn’t have the exact same item, but I’ve got some logos I’ve made for a business card and it made me think they could go in the logo category (with some adjusting obviously). Anyway I don’t think they are awesomized enough yet for the logo category.

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by