42 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in India
Ameh says

Just Wanted to Reconfirm, If I have bought a Web Template from some Author , Can i Make a Wordpress theme from it , Or Do i Need Approval of the Template Author ?

810 posts We're a nice team!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ThemeFocus says

Hi, you can make a wordpress bought a web template from some author but can’t sell on TF. You can view the clear license http://themeforest.net/licenses

42 posts
  • Located in India
Ameh says

Hi, you can make a wordpress bought a web template from some author but can’t sell on TF. You can view the clear license http://themeforest.net/licenses
Thanks for the Quick Reply , but the link you suggested does not Solve My Query , its not expressly written that i cannot sell a Wordpress theme made from a Bought Web Template ,

Because i have seen few author’s Wordpress themes on TF , whose web Template was made By a Different Author ?

Or are you suggesting that i need a Extended License from that Author ?

499 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

You would need both extended license and permission from the template author.

358 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

If you intend to convert a HTML template bought from TF to a WP theme and sell it subsequently (without modifications in the design), you still need to talk to the author for a ‘collaboration’ even if you want to purchase an Extended License.

Here is some info from the license terms :
2.You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product may be Sold.

3.An End Product is one of the following things, both requiring an application of skill and effort.

(a)For an Item that is a template, the End Product is a customised implementation of the Item.

8.You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Item. You can’t re-distribute or make available the Item as-is or with superficial modifications.
810 posts We're a nice team!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ThemeFocus says

Hi, about you saw some authors wordpress theme made by differet author. Because of these designer cooperate with the coder then just sell on coder account not means coder buy item from designer author.

You bought a Extend License still can’t sell it on TF.

42 posts
  • Located in India
Ameh says

Thanks my friends , for such a Quick reply… I am lot more clear about my query now , Just waiting for a staff reply/confirmation ..

5751 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Correct. You can’t sell a theme made from another author’s work without their permission.

by
by
by
by
by
by