492 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wopethemes says

Hi there , I asked some authors who have approved psd here to buy right for making wordpress versions. The smallest price I got is $1000. What do you think guys?

I’m taking about the smallest price for psd rights. I know that there are some quality design could make good sales so it could cost more than $1000. But it’s not the case I want to discuss.

Let calculate by a new author. He have 50% rate and the item price could be $45. so the profit is $22.5 , sometime author got $47 so the fixed profit per item could be $23.

so $1000 ~ 44 sales . WOW! Is it a good inverestment?

Example 100 sales

profit

So if I spend $1000 to pay and give 100 sales. the profit is $2300-$1000 = $1300 The profit is not too bad. But how many hours for a psd and how many hours for a wordpress ?

Times

psd : 3 – 10 days?
wp : 10-30 days ? + 10 times support.
Each 10 sale will help 1 support. It mean 100 sales will have 10 times support.
and the profit share is $1000 – $1300 . Does it FAIR for wordpress coder?

Easy to get 100 sales ?

Do you think each wordpress will easy to get 100 sales? I say NO.

I have 5 approved wp theme and only one can pass 100 sales. other are around 70 sales. one is 45 , one is 28 (amusement , deleted).

other example is wptitan (sold $250.000) . The latest 10 wordpres theme have only one theme sale passed 100. other is sale <100 and even <50 sale.

other example is please check wordpress category page 20 this is where item approved in middle of April. It have 6 months to stand here. how many % passed 100 sale? I counted and see it’s 10 not passed and 20 passed. so 67% to passed 100 sales and 33% to lower than 100 sales.

I counted myself for page 35-40 with same result.
So we could end-up with 2/3 chance to sale better than 100 and 1/3 chance to sale lower than 100.

conclusive

Common Desginers, $1000 is not smallest price for psd. There are alot psd still did not converted to wordpress.

Please let me think your mean guys?

for Desginers : How much you will cost for your approved PSD ?

For Coders: How much you will pay for a normal PSD ?

1234 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
tommusrhodus says

Honestly, I think $1000, depending on the .PSD is more than fair, for a really great, huge .PSD I’d definitely pay over $1000, and here’s why;

psd : 3 – 10 days?

Right, so let’s assume it look 10 days to create a .PSD – you’re talking about the designer asking you for $100/day for their work, that’s nothing really now is it?

Realistically, buying .PSD rights etc. is a risk. No one is making you take that risk, if you don’t want to take it, form a % based partnership with the designer, or design a theme from scratch yourself, but I really don’t think it’s fair to start suggesting that WP is everything, and all other items serve only to be converted to WP.

Frankly, if I got some of my buddies to design a .PSD site for me, I’d snap their hand off if they offered me the full design for $1000, it’s more likely going to be $2000.

TL:DR – Don’t buy designs, form partnerships.

1748 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+3 more
FinalDestiny says

I had some designers even asking for $3-4,000 for a PSD. Or 50-50 in partnerships just for PSD and the theme to be published on their account. Obviously, most of those authors didn’t find someone that would buy or accept to their conditions and after a few months they’ll become desperate and accept mostly any deal they can get. If I’m rechecking the themes that I rejected due to high expectations, 90% of them weren’t converted to HTML or WP. I think this is something to think of for the designers out there.

However, back on topic, $1,000 is a fair price for a PSD. You can get the investment back like really quick with both HTML + WP. It’s not the designer’s problem that you’re at 50%, it’s your problem. I’d think that even $2,000 for a PSD is okay, if it’s a multi-purpose with some sales and potential. However, for a single page, anything over $1,000 is NOT okay.

1255 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
harmonikas996 says

I am designer, so from my apsect 1000$ is not high price for good design.

For example, when I have a client who want template design with 10 pages, price for that would be over 1000$, so If you have plan to buy multi-purpose psd template with 10+ PSD files, that’s cheap then. But, If you have plan to buy one-page PSD template, then It’s fair price.

Btw. If you give your best and provide lot of options with good admin panel and have good design, there is no need to worry about sales.

492 posts
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

I had some designers even asking for $3-4,000 for a PSD. Or 50-50 in partnerships just for PSD and the theme to be published on their account. Obviously, most of those authors didn’t find someone that would buy or accept to their conditions and after a few months they’ll become desperate and accept mostly any deal they can get. If I’m rechecking the themes that I rejected due to high expectations, 90% of them weren’t converted to HTML or WP. I think this is something to think of for the designers out there. However, back on topic, $1,000 is a fair price for a PSD. You can get the investment back like really quick with both HTML + WP. It’s not the designer’s problem that you’re at 50%, it’s your problem. I’d think that even $2,000 for a PSD is okay, if it’s a multi-purpose with some sales and potential. However, for a single page, anything over $1,000 is NOT okay.
Exactly, those designers may think their design is great and will make a massive sales. However only design will not lead to success here. We knew that the success sale is not just by design , it’s complete process from creating to product and promote.

They could rent some coders to dev their psd to wordpress and selling here. But who can made good functions wp theme to compete in market with $1000? The price $500-$1000 in microlancer is mostly for simple company website with limited functions.

Other case , their design will be old by time , maybe it can’t not approve in next year since the quality is growing too much.

back to the price of item, $1000 for a PSD must be carefully consider. I invest $1000 for psd , made a wordpress and get $2000. It does not mean I made $1000 profit. Because I still need to spend time to create wordpress theme. So if I paid $1000 , then I made $2000 is still not good invest and I’ll not agree.

1234 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
tommusrhodus says

I invest $1000 for psd , made a wordpress and get $2000. It does not mean I made $1000 profit. Because I still need to spend time to create wordpress theme. So if I paid $1000 , then I made $2000 is still not good invest and I’ll not agree.

But investment == risk, what if you bought the design, and ended up making $40,000 to $100,000 from it? $1000 would seem like a bargain then.

Honestly, $1000 for a fully fledged, decent, multi-page design is cheap, of course if this is $1000 for a single pager then it’s a bit much.

492 posts
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

But investment == risk, what if you bought the design, and ended up making $40,000 to $100,000 from it? $1000 would seem like a bargain then. Honestly, $1000 for a fully fledged, decent, multi-page design is cheap, of course if this is $1000 for a single pager then it’s a bit much.
Sadly there are alot of psd which is simple and not promise good sale still sale $1000. I guess you can’t buy a good multi propose psd with just $1000.
I’m taking about the smallest price for psd rights. I know that there are some quality design could make good sales so it could cost more than $1000. But it’s not the case I want to discuss.
328 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
designova says

Form a partnership with Designer. You can share the profit with something like 25% (PSD) / 75% (WP) ratio for all sales grabbed from WordPress theme. If it is about PSD to HTML5 then profit sharing can be 50% / 50%.

75/25 is good for WordPress because WP devs are doing all the coding + support and it deserves 75%. If the design (PSD) is really great the theme will get more sales. This will bring more profit to both of you (just wondering, if getting the WP theme popular such that it is having 500+ sales at 23 USD (after TF’s cut) pricing can bring approximately 6×500 = 3000 USD for the designer). This is WIN-WIN stuff in our opinion.

What do you guys think?

3799 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

But investment == risk, what if you bought the design, and ended up making $40,000 to $100,000 from it? $1000 would seem like a bargain then.

VERY true – to make money here you have to commit in terms of money, time etc

475 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

If they’re PSDs you don’t think you’ll earn a lot of money from form a partnership if you think it’s worth the risk buy it

by
by
by
by
by
by