I think if you compare two categories PSD and WordPress you can make some judgment how important is design and how important is to put that design at work.
Of course both are really important components but it seems like that there is much more people who prefer “Plug & Play” solutions and not just a shell.
I just curious about 2 issues, and hope I can get the honest answers:
1) I’m a PSD designer. Previously quite lots of developers found me via forum to seeking for partnerships. If I agreed to partner with them, means we both are working under non-profit upfront. (PSD designing – waiting PSD approval – converting HTML – coding – waiting approval – sell – earn) Like most of developers worry about: getting rejected If getting rejected, then developers how? PSD designer how? break up from continue partnerships? If approved, after got ppl buy and earn profit, 50% to themeforest, 50% remaining divide by both party. Now, my main concern is here: a) how PSD designers can ensure that web developers won’t ‘disappear’ after designers submit PSD files to them? b) how to ensure that money can really 100% receive on both party?
2) Why most web developers still want to invest time, skills and man powers to waiting for approval via themeforest? Why don’t just open a ‘themeforest’ alike website and start to generate sales from own website?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.