250 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

I’m just wondering if it would be a good idea if there was something in each category explaining what it is, for example Wordpress is NOT html templates.

I’ve had users sending me messages saying that there is a major problem with my templates, they’ve put a HTML template in the wp-content/themes in Wordpress and expect it to work, when I try to explain it to them they’re puzzled as to what I mean.

I’ve also seen people buying PSD templates and then saying that there aren’t any HTML files.

Does anybody else see this?

2019 posts Review Manager
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

This has happened to me a few times also. It’s pretty rare at the moment but it has happened. I think it’s just a problem of buyers not knowing anything about what they’re buying or what they need to accomplish their goal.

698 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says
This has happened to me a few times also. It’s pretty rare at the moment but it has happened. I think it’s just a problem of buyers not knowing anything about what they’re buying or what they need to accomplish their goal.

+1 and agree with the rest of comment.

78 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
rkquest says

Happened to me once. I’m surprised because the name of my templates/themes always have the type next to it (for example – Quinta WordPress Theme, Executivo Admin Skin, etc.). Aside from that, the thumbnail also has a small label if it is Wordpress or HTML .

76 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
g_gilmore says

Chalk it up to Natural Selection. If people are too dumb to realize what section they are in, their loss imo.

4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
BenTerrible says
Chalk it up to Natural Selection. If people are too dumb to realize what section they are in, their loss imo.

I agree with this statement!

151 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Keenpixel says

I don’t believe that’s the right attitude to have, especially if you want customers to be happy and come back for more. Of course people should realize what they’re buying, but the fact is that the average consumer is not savvy to all the ins and outs. Otherwise they would be making these templates/themes themselves and wouldn’t need to come to a marketplace.

Perhaps Envato can do more to alleviate this problem. Category descriptions for instance would probably do a lot to inform the customer of what he/she is buying. Authors could also do their part by be more explicit in their descriptions of exactly what is included and what sort of functionality can be expected.

7 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in Canada Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
siempre says
I don’t believe that’s the right attitude to have, especially if you want customers to be happy and come back for more

I totaly agree with that.

by
by
by
by
by
by