27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
feeleep says

OK, everyone knows that Firefox fires out Google ‘malware site’ message – unless otherwise specified in preferences.

What I have noticed recently is that ‘bad site’ message is fired only if one access demo site via themeforest.net, after clicking on ‘Live Preview’ button. However, if you access the URL of demo site directly – there’s no message.

Here’s a little test: http://themeforest.net/item/sofa-strict-business/38735

..and a direct link: http://www.business.sofarider.com/

Is there anybody willing to explain this? I receive tons of emails per day from people warning me about malware, then I go scan demo sites for malicious iFrames but the result is negative!

This problem persist for longer period and I wonder why themeforest staff decided to keep ‘Live Preview’ within iFrame instead of direct link option?

Anyone facing the same issue?

Thanks!

352 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
danharper says

I’ve noticed this for a few other previews as well.

It’s probably a mistake no-ones caught on to yet. Like a few months ago when Google blacklisted the whole internet

Edit: I’m not sure, but it’s possible that the demo from one template was dangerous, and thus ThemeForest’s iFrame got flagged for containing it, and so it’s affected other demos as well.
But I really don’t know.

27 posts
+4 more
feeleep says

I bet that this is themeforest iFrame related issue but I wonder who’s gonna report thousand demo sites to Google Webmaster Tools for reconsideration?!? This is insane!

Almost all of my themes are flagged as malware risk, my sale for the past month dropped 50%.

Hopefully themeforest staff can spot and solve the problem.

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

It’s only a handful of sites that are receiving this warning. To request that a 3rd party review the page, the author will need to submit a request here:

http://www.stopbadware.org/home/reviewinfo

635 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says
I’ve noticed this for a few other previews as well. It’s probably a mistake no-ones caught on to yet. Like a few months ago when Google blacklisted the whole internet
Excellent link – I never saw that before, very funny, thanks.

Have you scanned your computer lately? It is possible you sent up some Malware or something when you upped the file – scan with Malware Bytes (it’s free), fix the issue, reupload the site and message Google through the Webmaster tools (or in your case, contact Envato) and everything’s dandy.

27 posts
+4 more
feeleep says

It has nothing to do with my computer, I’m using several Adware scaners plus NOD32 . Once again, when you try to access demo site from themeforest.net you get blocked but the direct link works fine. I guess (@danharper mentioned it already) Google has identified and blacklisted themeforest’s preview iFrame and thus screwed up both parties profit.

by
by
by
by
by
by