49 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
mp3dk says

Hello,

I’ve been scouting for a managed WordPress solution for some time and I’ve found the following…

My immediate thought when looking through these companies what that WPEngine.com is looking a bit more appealing than the other two. I’ve also been speaking with their support and they seem very helpful with quick reply.

I’ve always been using cPanel and so far I am really satisfied with it.

My questions is: Why should one choose a managed WordPress hosting solution rather than any other solution such as shared hosting or a VPS using cPanel? Is a managed WordPress solution better in any way and how is the pricing compared to the other options I have mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

106 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Won a competition
+2 more
ActionFoundry says

I’ve always had a shared hosting account and just installed WordPress from the cPanel. I’ve never had any problems with it. You don’t need to know much to keep the site up and fresh. It’s also far cheaper than a managed solution! I currently pay $6 a month for a hosting plan from HostGator. I recommend HG if you want shared hosting and VPS – Not tried the dedicated but I’m sure it’s just as good!

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I have heard good things about WPEngine. If you only need to run WP sites and want them quick and snappy its a great choice. Also, I would never recommend HostGator to anyone. I know people like to tout them but I think yo get what you pay for with hosting, especially shared hosting.

49 posts
  • Located in Denmark
mp3dk says

My days with shared hosting is over. I’ve used shared hosting before my current VPS and it just doesn’t cut it.

WPEngine seems like a very nice and reliable business, but when is it worth the price?

49 posts
  • Located in Denmark
mp3dk says

I just wanted to update this post.

I’ve been using WPengine for about two months now and I am very satisfied with them. Their service and support is great and the performance of their servers are just awesome.

Cheers.

3568 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Have you ever tried other solutions? I’m curious for example what’s the difference between MT and WPE .. MT runs really well, it has great speed and their service is awesome, but i’m wondering if WPE has any “special tweaks” that make WordPress sites run better.. Do you see the difference?

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loganstellway says

Have a friend on ZippyKid – I developed his Wordpress site there. The service is very reliable – also comes with CDN , optional dedicated IP, daily backups, hardware from Rackspace..nice.

Seems a bit pricey just to put up a Wordpress site though – if you need something THAT reliable, then go for a managed host. I use Bluehost – works great for my needs. Haven’t had any problems with downtime or speed issues; but who knows how people on the other side of the world see it?

I know Bluehost offers Cloudflare as a CDN . We use it at my work (which is a pretty big, but cheap, company). It is not the greatest CDN – we’ve had a couple problems when we experienced too much traffic.

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

I can only speak on personal experience, but I’ve had nothing but success with WPEngine. After nearly a decade on MediaTemple (still my favorite non-WP host), I made the switch for all of my theme-demos (and most client sites when they were willing to foot the bill) and I haven’t even considered going back. The speed/performance/security/backup-system is simply on another level. Their support team rocks too… you usually get same-day service on all questions, even over the weekend.

The biggest reason is that the performance/security/cache stuff all just works out of the box with them… they manage/curate everything – so there’s no need to setup a caching plugin, security scanner, database hardener, etc… which is nice if you’re running a ton of sites. The simple process of setting all that stuff on a non-managed host can get awfully tedious.

My only real gripe is that I miss the overall UI of the MediaTemple control panels… it’s just superficial stuff, but MT does a great job at making their really complex set of tools easy to manage. Anyways, count this as one vote for WPEngine :)

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

I can just repeat what epicera wrote. WPEngine is insanely fast, it’s like working on localhost. Only thing that is missing for me is that they don’t have own DNS so it’s a bit of a hassle to manage domains. But HIGHLY recommended and worth every penny.

80 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
thepainterman says

I only use reseller accounts and I have alot of them(because I have alot of sites) I’ve have 20 reseller accounts with hostgator never had an issue they even fix my sites if they get hacked for free. Anyway you want to update to the latest version of wordpress quick,an update comes out when hackers find a weakness in the current version.Even today alot of people still have an outdated version of timthumb which allows hackers to the root of your hosting so they can access ALL your sites.As I say update all plug ins regularly.

If you’re serious about speed,traffic etc get a dedicated server.

by
by
by
by
by
by